• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nellis Air Show

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Couldn't take pictures from the front or the back, only from the side. Even though it is Air force, it is an amazing machine!

@Hal- Great pictures! I love to see the Hawker Sea Fury in there. One of my favorite aircraft ever. Great lines on that girl.
Thanks.

Here's a Raptor kind of form the front. They didn't have any problems with taking pictures of either it or the F-117 from any angle.

f22raptor2ge5.jpg

f117nighthawk2as3.jpg

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Hah....I remember going to an airshow right after Gulf War 1, and if anyone even looked wrong at the -117 (let alone take a picture of it) you pretty much got the boot from the AF security detail that was posted w/ it 24 hrs /day

badger16

None
@Hal- They wouldn't let us take pics from the front because the intake guards or whatever you call them were off so you could see straight down the intakes. From the back they had the vectored thrust panels extended all the way open. I'm sure if I were to have taken pictures and post them, a "special" person would be able to analyze them and maybe uncover some of the ways the Raptor ticks. So I listened to the guy for that reason and the guard with the M-16 that was standing about 5 feet away from me. I didn't really want to make him mad! haha

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
It's the Commemorative Air Force Zero, which flies with a P&W R-1830. It is based at Camarillo, near Pt Mugu.
I for one missed the E-2. As far as static displays go, there's more to look at on one than an F/A-18 and their YouTube videos are funnier.
By the way, the two foreign F-16s there were both quite special in their own ways - anyone notice why?

JT

Conformal fuel tanks on one.

JT Eagle

Nose; said:
Was it because, unlike the USAF version, the pilots were all heterosexuals?

Well, one was Dutch, and they pretty much let anything go there, and the other one was from the UAE, where they pretty much don't. The UAE jet was flown in from a D-M by a USAF instructor, so make of that what you will. Pilot proclivities aside, the UAE jet was interesting because it was an F-16F aka Block 60 with all the bells and whistles, including the conformal tanks and the IRST. This may be the first time one has been on public display in the US, at least in full UAE markings. If I have it right, this is the F-16 the USAF decided to forgo so as to have the F-35 earlier.
The Cloggy one is special because it is a MiG-29 killer, from Allied Force 1999. Didn't notice any USAF MiG-killers there (before anyone says the QF-4 had a bunch, they were representing Robin Olds' kills, not that aircraft).

JT

Attachments

• Block 60 F-16 Nellis 2007 copy.jpg
    Block 60 F-16 Nellis 2007 copy.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 82

HuggyU2

None
Was it because, unlike the USAF version, the pilots were all heterosexuals?
Nose,
When doing the USAF-fighter-gay-bashing, at LEAST try to get the aircraft right: albino F-15 pilots are the gay ones. Just remember the phrase "Twin-tailed butt pirates". Applies to the F-18 too, I hear. Don't know about the Tomcat community.
The rest of the single-tail community is as straight as an arrow. As for the F-16's that you wrongly accuse of gayness,... they are simply cross-dressers. But still hetero.
Got to do your homework! Sheeeeesh!!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Nose,
Just remember the phrase "Twin-tailed butt pirates". Applies to the F-18 too, I hear. .......The rest of the single-tail community is as straight as an arrow.

Preach on, brother! AMEN!!

I can't believe I'm agreeing with a guy that probably irons his flight suit, but what the hell.

phrogpilot73

Those of us that beat the air into submission are very secure in our manhood. We like girls, beer, cigars, and guns. We're not gay, nor do we even remotely resemble gay.

Ever notice how the AF bashes their rotary wing brethren? It's because they don't want them to let the world know that everyone that requires a whiny, loud, blower to propel them into flight is just that queer.

:D

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
It is truly heartwarming to see my thread move into such a constructive series of posts. T-34s have single tails so ... I guess I'm in the clear?

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
It is truly heartwarming to see my thread move into such a constructive series of posts. T-34s have single tails so ... I guess I'm in the clear?

You are clear, have to be a part of the club to be a homo here. That means have those wings of gold.

Quad tail planes like the E-2 just means there are more homo's onboard....at least three in the back that I can think of :tongue2_1

Nose

pilot
Nose,
When doing the USAF-fighter-gay-bashing, at LEAST try to get the aircraft right: albino F-15 pilots are the gay ones. Just remember the phrase "Twin-tailed butt pirates". Applies to the F-18 too, I hear. Don't know about the Tomcat community.
The rest of the single-tail community is as straight as an arrow. As for the F-16's that you wrongly accuse of gayness,... they are simply cross-dressers. But still hetero.
Got to do your homework! Sheeeeesh!!

Sorry. Thanks for clearing that up.