• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New USMC PT running suit

skidz

adrenaline junky
Haven't seen anything new on this. They actually don't look that bad, compared to what some were thinking last year when it was discussed.

usmc.mil said:
080229-M-2739S-001low.jpg

Link

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Ok, this is going to sound pretty bad... but did anyone find it in poor taste to use a picture of a Marine in a wheelchair to debut new "running" suits? I think they should have just titled the article "PT" gear. I doubt they meant anything by it, but it was seriously the 1st thing I noticed... (not you Skidz, I mean the authors of the linked article!)

mrkoje

Ok, this is going to sound pretty bad... but did anyone find it in poor taste to use a picture of a Marine in a wheelchair to debut new "running" suits? I think they should have just titled the article "PT" gear. I doubt they meant anything by it, but it was seriously the 1st thing I noticed... (not you Skidz, I mean the authors of the linked article!)

I agree that the name of the article should probably be different but then again maybe they aren't called PTs anymore.

I can just see the DIs coming out of the squad bay yelling at all of their recruits to hurry up and put their running suits on. :D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
1976 called; they want their running suits back . . . :D

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor

I had the very same thought.

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
It will probably be picked up by drudge and cue media hysteria.

I do like the suits though. I must say i'm eagerly anticipating our moisture wicking gold counterparts:

navy_pt_uniform.jpg

phrogpilot73

Not just the guy in the chair, if you look at the guy standing on the right he has a cane. Is this real?
Yes it is real. The Commandant wanted to make sure that the first sets of the new running suit were issued to the wounded warriors. Those guys are up at Bethesda. The next guys to receive them are going to be the guys in the wounded warrior battalions in Lejeune and Pendleton. Here's a link to the article.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
We need to come up with a name for these things that fit in with the vocab. Too bad Gumby Suits already taken. How's poop suit? Marine Corps doesn't have a poop suit yet.

What woud you say if I said,"Devil Dawg...Yut Yut...Poop Suit...Semper fi." [from Boner's K-Bay video.]

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
The only problem I've had with windsuits like that is that they don't breathe very well. I won't be wearing them, though, so I'm not too upset, just my .02. They do look sharp though.

B

Blutonski816

doesn't look too bad, IMO... but the whole tracksuit look kinda reminds me of some goombah gesticulating with his hands saying "Hey, whassamatta you?"