• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New USMC PT running suit

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
doesn't look too bad, IMO... but the whole tracksuit look kinda reminds me of some goombah gesticulating with his hands saying "Hey, whassamatta you?"

Hey,
who are you callin a goombah?
HL_paully.jpg

Crowbar

None
I saw a version a while back that looked to be black, not that wretched green.

an official looking email somebody sent me said:
Description.
The suit will be comprised of a jacket and matching pant suitable for Marines to wear while training or on liberty. The design will be compatible with other
PT uniform items that comprise the complete PT uniform system currently in the sea bag. The current tshirts, shorts and sweatshirt and sweatpants will
remain in the sea bag. Running Suits will include the following characteristics: moisture management, reflectivity, antimicrobial characteristics, breathability,
quick drying, water resistance and improved durability properties in material and in design features.

Fielding Status.
Quantity on Contract FY08: 124,999
Contract Capacity FY09: 124,999

Planned Distribution Priority:
Phase 1 Wounded Warrior Regiment (WWR)
Phase 2 Recruiters, DI’s and Recruits
Phase 3 All Hands
Phase 4 Reserves

Production.
1 st delivery quantities: 2 nd Qtr 2008
Introduction to All Hands: 4 th Qtr 2008

Key Events/Milestones.
Jan 08 First Article Test (FAT) Preparation
Feb 08 FAT Execution/Production Authorization, Initial Delivery Begins WWR
Mar 08 Deliveries to Recruiters
Apr 08 Deliveries to MCRD & DI’s
May 08 Initial Issue to Recruits
Jun 08 Continued Issue to MCRD’s
Jul 08 Continued Issue to MCRD’s

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think it's quite amusing that the Marines managed to create and get this gear out to the WWR and are planning to have all hands have it by the end of this year, yet the Navy still hasn't managed to get that gold PT gear out yet after several years of talking about it.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
I think it's quite amusing that the Marines managed to create and get this gear out to the WWR and are planning to have all hands have it by the end of this year, yet the Navy still hasn't managed to get that gold PT gear out yet after several years of talking about it.

The Marine Corps has been talking about this for at least 3.5 years. AT LEAST. Uniform changes never go quickly. They spend more time and money deciding if a change is cost effective than any detriment of the actual cost could ever be. May God never smite any of us with an assignment to a uniform board.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Marine Corps has been talking about this for at least 3.5 years. AT LEAST. Uniform changes never go quickly. They spend more time and money deciding if a change is cost effective than any detriment of the actual cost could ever be. May God never smite any of us with an assignment to a uniform board.

Ah, didn't know that. This post was the first I've seen on anything like this. But I still think that the amount of time the Navy is taking on the new uniforms is kind of ridiculous. I'm about to commission and I remember TFU/new PT gear was already being tested when started freshman year.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
My biggest problem is that now if you want to do any hardcore PT involving mud, dirt, etc, it will have to be boots and utes. I never saw a problem thrashing a $15 set of sweatpants, but a muy expensive "jogging suit" is another matter.

skidz

adrenaline junky
My biggest problem is that now if you want to do any hardcore PT involving mud, dirt, etc, it will have to be boots and utes. I never saw a problem thrashing a $15 set of sweatpants, but a muy expensive "jogging suit" is another matter.
They stated that this is not a replacement uniform, but an additional uniform. The sweats are still here.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream

Is this something that happens fairly often in Ospreyland? Or were you speaking to those that do?

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Actually, since I have initial assession Marines still in a formal schoolhouse, we take them out fairly often. The OIC's (my) PT sessions usually involve some muck and mud. Yes...I'm one of those guys.

...so since it's an "additional" uniform, PT schedules will also have to specify,"Green on green," or "Johnny Goombah?"

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Actually, since I have initial assession Marines still in a formal schoolhouse, we take them out fairly often. The OIC's (my) PT sessions usually involve some muck and mud. Yes...I'm one of those guys.

...so since it's an "additional" uniform, PT schedules will also have to specify,"Green on green," or "Johnny Goombah?"

Thats its new name!!! Aww man, LMAO. Your getting rep for that!

Harrier Dude

Living the dream

If by "those guys", you meant Marines, then good on you. I think it's great that you get to do stuff like that. I'm just saying that in a fleet squadron or even at the RAG, there was no white space for that stuff, generally.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
If by "those guys", you meant Marines, then good on you. I think it's great that you get to do stuff like that. I'm just saying that in a fleet squadron or even at the RAG, there was no white space for that stuff, generally.

Am I dreaming that I might be able to take Marines out for some genuine PT if I'm a pilot at a squadron? I was an airwinger, but being C2 and not having planes, avionics, engines, etc to fix, we tried to stay a bit harder than what we thought the real air wingers were doing, but probably not as hard as an infatry battalion. That was about 65% a function of unit ethos and 35% a function of workload. Is the "swinging with the wing" persona of the MAGs a function of workload or of ethos?

Thanks.