• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Now the Safety Center is tracking callsigns!

MasterBates

Depends on squadron. There was a push at my old squadron for a while, but it petered out.

About 1/3 of us went by callsign, and were addressed as such by CO/XO and Dept Heads.

MasterBates

There were people who were in the squadron for 2-3 months before they learned my real name...

Usually when they were scheduled to fly with me and asked who the fvck LTJG Bates is becasue they had never met him...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Best I ever saw was in Meridian about 4 years ago:

COD Dude/T-45 IP: 'Cunny' Langus --- Commodore refused to put his name on a jet.

I know who you're talking about and I never knew him to be called that.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Exactly when was it not Timbo? Long story short... got that in Kingsville from the guys I lived with, got "Claven" on my first cruise only to come back to a squadron full of the guys I lived with in Kingsville. Hence... Timbo never died, it just waited for its resurrection.

Exactly when you tried to hide and create some self-given callsign. Timbo was the homo dude from a movie...correct? You will forever be known as Timbo......the gay dude (from the movie of course :icon_wink ).

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Exactly when you tried to hide and create some self-given callsign.

You can't like it too much either. For awhile it was looking like I would get the callsign gangster, based on a run in I had with the law once. I thought it was cool, so it didn't last long.

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Exactly when you tried to hide and create some self-given callsign. Timbo was the homo dude from a movie...correct? You will forever be known as Timbo......the gay dude (from the movie of course :icon_wink ).

It was Rogain, J-Mart, and Tater that called me Claven. But yes, you're right, I will forever be known as Timbo. I have learned to love and embrace, and then love and embrace some more that gay ass callsign. Then again, at least I'm not going around calling myself "kmac."

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
It was Rogain, J-Mart, and Tater that called me Claven. But yes, you're right, I will forever be known as Timbo. I have learned to love and embrace, and then love and embrace some more that gay ass callsign. Then again, at least I'm not going around calling myself "kmac."

You know that's the way it goes.....Timbo!! It has a nice ring to it :D

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I left my last squadron and came down here, I had to get used to my real first name again. I was one of those guys who was referred to exclusively by C/S, even by the wives, etc. I've even been asked "Who's Brett" by some of them. :D

Brett

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
When I left my last squadron and came down here, I had to get used to my real first name again. I was one of those guys who was referred to exclusively by C/S, even by the wives, etc. I've even been asked "Who's Brett" by some of them. :D

Brett

I'm the same. From Wives to the Admiral, I'm referred to by my callsign. It seems a bit harder to pick up on out here in T-34 land though. My name tag says Bunky but some seem to have a hard time calling me that coming from the helo and P-3 background...at least thats my guess. My fellow Saudia cohorts will not call me by my callsign. I was told it makes them feel uncomfortable :icon_craz