• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Now the Safety Center is tracking callsigns!

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When I left my last squadron and came down here, I had to get used to my real first name again. I was one of those guys who was referred to exclusively by C/S, even by the wives, etc. I've even been asked "Who's Brett" by some of them. :D

Brett
Some guys my wife works with (friends of mine) picked up on my old call sign and now it has become her nick name at work. It's Bizzaro Land.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm the same. From Wives to the Admiral, I'm referred to by my callsign. It seems a bit harder to pick up on out here in T-34 land though. My name tag says Bunky but some seem to have a hard time calling me that coming from the helo and P-3 background...at least thats my guess. My fellow Saudia cohorts will not call me by my callsign. I was told it makes them feel uncomfortable :icon_craz

The FITU is kind of a weird place. A cross-roads of aviation, if you will, since it's not just IUTs, but also fleet WTIs that come through there. Callsigns/nicknames are a bit more prevelant over at the squadrons, but you're right, it really depends on whether the previous command(s) of the individual were a C/S friendly place.