• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Nuclear carrier in Japan

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Exactly. Although, demonstrations are a lot different there then they are here. It's basically an orderly, rational gathering, that's pre-arranged with the authorities for a specific amount of time, and people pack lunches, stand or sit around, listen to whoever's got the megaphone, eat their chow, and then go home. There was a group in Iwakuni that would stage one of these about once a quarter or so. Once, some guy (who later turned out to be North Korean) decided to try and rile the crowd up. The JPD (each of whom is a ninja in his/her own right) did not like this, and they expressed their dislike by playing xylophone on his ribs with sticks and breaking various parts of his body. Of course, he DID stab one of the cops. I saw the Korean guy in the Iwakuni slammer while picking up a Marine who got busted for drunk and disorderly (I was a brig chaser) a couple months later. Not really sure how to describe it, but "broken, bloody shell of a man" comes to mind.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Let's hope not. There's enough military (read: sausage) on Oahu as it is.

Mmmm...I see you've been here. There's something wrong when you bump into a guy in waikiki and his Army pals all want to fight you and are then saved because some drunk Marines pull you out after mistaking you for their friend.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
We've been discussing this for some time on this forum .... Pearl probably won't get the "Senator Inouye" carrier group because of one simple glitch ..... "where are we going to put the Air Wing now that Ewa and Kapolei are totally built up and encroaching on the "old" Barber's Point ' ??? Ahhhhhh .... Hawaiian politics and $$$$$ . :) Hawaii: As always ... The Land of .... Almost Right.

The Japs are going to start training some of their military in the Territory ... what a suprise .... with the "new" realization of China and NK and what potential threat(s) they pose to the Japanese Home Islands .... :)

Look for a build-up in Guam and .... maybe a forward deployed carrier ???? Or a lot of Marines after they move from Okinawa and Futenma (GREAT NCO Club, BTW) closes ??? Naval Base Guam could handle the ships and Andersen could take the Air Wing and then some .... plus .... we "run" it ... always a good thing. :) The Japanese have caved on the question (?) of a Nuke carrier in the Home Islands (what a suprise, again ??? ) and, as usual, they have shown themselves to be the ultimate pragmatists. Yes???

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The Japs are going to start training some of their military in the Territory ... what a suprise .... with the "new" realization of China and NK and what potential threat(s) they pose to the Japanese Home Islands .... :)

Irony? Yes.