• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O2 Mask sound on radio from Navy Aircraft

COVEY91

I gave it some though afterward and realized what happened. Coming from a military family, I should have known the amount of ball busting that goes on here. Not taken personal, no confusion. Thanks for the help gentlemen.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Another fine Grumman attribute. Every once in a while during a long OEF flight, I'll take my helmet off to wiggle my ears and it's louder than a god damned Iron Maiden concert circa 1985! :D

Brett

I've gone 'off-helmet' in the Harrier a time or two to adjust earplugs or whatnot. Talk about loud. At least in most every other airplane, the engine isn't 5' from your head.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Hated the damn mask...interfered with my regular smoking habit. Usually had it dangling off the left fitting, or sitting in my lap. Except, of course, during cat shots, "actual" instrument approaches, on "final" at the boat...or following catastrophic engine failures/"deadstick" landings, or "feet dry" over Viet Nam. :icon_smil

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
The recordings aren't mine, although I do own a scanner that was given to me by my grandfather.
Does it look like this?

Nov04-Military-AN-PRC-1.jpg

Covey said:
I'm already on track to be a military aviator, or hell, an officer at that.
Civil Air Patrol doesn't count

Cadet%20Color%20guard.jpg

KBayDog

I've gone 'off-helmet' in the Harrier a time or two to adjust earplugs or whatnot. Talk about loud.

No joke. I think Noriega would have surrendered within minutes if a Harrier had hovered over his compound.

That is, if his head didn't explode Raiders of the Lost Ark-style first.

MasterBates

The Hummer don't have super loud ECS (but you can hear it).. HOWEVER.. The props make a hell of a racket up front.

Out back, I barely notice the prop noise.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I can't hear anything you guys are saying, I still have the ringing in my ears from launching Prowlers off the deck.