• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

lucasleny

Hey guys I have a quick question for yall, does anyone else have a hard time reaching their recruiter? I’m trying to figure out if he submitted my package for I-Sel or not (seems like he hasn’t since he told me my results are dependent on the board) but he hasn’t been answering my texts or returning my calls. Not sure where else to go for this kind of information, just wanted to know if this was a shared experience or if I’m just cooked.

lucasleny

Have you tried going to the office to talk to him? He could also be on leave possibly if he hasn’t been responding to you.
It’s been difficult to reach him for months now. Also, the office is by appointment only, first time I went to try and talk to anyone I waited outside for a good 2 hours thinking they were closed

Nnamdi25

It’s been difficult to reach him for months now. Also, the office is by appointment only, first time I went to try and talk to anyone I waited outside for a good 2 hours thinking they were closed
Have you tried just working with another recruiting station?

lucasleny

Have you tried just working with another recruiting station?
I’m in San Diego, to my knowledge there’s only the one in Santee nearby. Normally my package is submitted though (last I heard he said he would submit it within the day but never actually confirmed it was sent) so it seems a bit late to switch now

DucatiBiscotti

Forklift Certified
I’m in San Diego, to my knowledge there’s only the one in Santee nearby. Normally my package is submitted though (last I heard he said he would submit it within the day but never actually confirmed it was sent) so it seems a bit late to switch now
Sounds like he might just be a dud. Sorry you have to deal with that man

lucasleny

Sounds like he might just be a dud. Sorry you have to deal with that man
Thanks man, I’m just hoping it’s not going to negatively affect my application. I’m not sure if it’s going too far or not to ask another officer recruiter at the station what the situation is, but I’m dying to understand why my application wasn’t submitted for I-Sel.

Nnamdi25

Thanks man, I’m just hoping it’s not going to negatively affect my application. I’m not sure if it’s going too far or not to ask another officer recruiter at the station what the situation is, but I’m dying to understand why my application wasn’t submitted for I-Sel.
There is no such thing as too far when it’s your career man, or if you are worried about burning bridges just go work with another recruiting station. Make that drive if you have to at the end of the day it’s your career…you do what you gotta do to achieve results.

lucasleny

There is no such thing as too far when it’s your career man, or if you are worried about burning bridges just go work with another recruiting station. Make that drive if you have to at the end of the day it’s your career…you do what you gotta do to achieve results.
Fair point, I’ll give the station a call and see what’s up then, thank you

Jstingo

SNFO Select
Hey guys I have a quick question for yall, does anyone else have a hard time reaching their recruiter? I’m trying to figure out if he submitted my package for I-Sel or not (seems like he hasn’t since he told me my results are dependent on the board) but he hasn’t been answering my texts or returning my calls. Not sure where else to go for this kind of information, just wanted to know if this was a shared experience or if I’m just cooked.
I’d light a fire under his a$$ giving what you have stated in this forum. Recruiters have quotas and if he is deliberately ignoring you then speak with the LPO or LCPO of the recruiting office about your situation. Just be professional and respectful overall. Time is money!!

Mil3s

SNA Select
Good to know it’s not just me. My first recruiter was great but then she went on maternity leave and I got my current recruiter
You aren’t graduating this year are you or have any waivers? If not then i don’t see why you shouldn’t have gotten a notification of acceptance for I-sel. It sounds like he put you in through the regular board since he said your results depend on this board. Or most likely he just never submitted it from the sounds of it.

lucasleny

I’d light a fire under his a$$ giving what you have stated in this forum. Recruiters have quotas and if he is deliberately ignoring you then speak with the LPO or LCPO of the recruiting office about your situation. Just be professional and respectful overall. Time is money!!
I’ve been doing that for months now. Had to nag to get my diploma translated (I did my studies in France), I was updated 3 months after MEPS that I failed depth perception so I went and retook the test at a civ doctor… everything’s just been painstakingly long