• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR2024 SNA/SNFO BOARD

lucasleny

You aren’t graduating this year are you or have any waivers? If not then i don’t see why you shouldn’t have gotten a notification of acceptance for I-sel. It sounds like he put you in through the regular board since he said your results depend on this board. Or most likely he just never submitted it from the sounds of it.
Nope, he even told me himself I fit the checklist for I-SEL. No idea why he didn’t submit my package for it and I’m trying to figure out why

Mil3s

SNA Select
Nope, he even told me himself I fit the checklist for I-SEL. No idea why he didn’t submit my package for it and I’m trying to figure out why
Yea then I don’t know. After hearing everything it’s either he submitted you to the regular board maybe due to the depth perception failure (did you need a waiver and did they accept your civilian doctors test?) or he hasn’t submitted at all (possibly due to your depth perception as well.)

The easiest way to figure out if you are on this board would be to see if your name is on the At board list, even though it’s not always accurate it’s the fastest way you got right now by the sound of it if you are really trying to figure out if your on it or not.

lucasleny

Yea then I don’t know. After hearing everything it’s either he submitted you to the regular board maybe due to the depth perception failure (did you need a waiver and did they accept your civilian doctors test?) or he hasn’t submitted at all (possibly due to your depth perception as well.)

The easiest way to figure out if you are on this board would be to see if your name is on the At board list, even though it’s not always accurate it’s the fastest way you got right now by the sound of it if you are really trying to figure out if your on it or not.
Yea he sent me an email saying that my civ doc exam was sufficient and that I was now medically qualified with the paperwork to prove it.

I tried looking for the at board list but couldn’t find it, do you know where it is?

Mil3s

SNA Select
Yea he sent me an email saying that my civ doc exam was sufficient and that I was now medically qualified with the paperwork to prove it.

I tried looking for the at board list but couldn’t find it, do you know where it is?
No I don’t, one of the AD guys looked it up for me. I’m sure if you ask one of them they would help out and look for you since civilians don’t have access to it (idk if you are one or not).

GoVols03

SNFO Select

Dm me your name and I’ll look it up for you

Jstingo

SNFO Select
I’ve been doing that for months now. Had to nag to get my diploma translated (I did my studies in France), I was updated 3 months after MEPS that I failed depth perception so I went and retook the test at a civ doctor… everything’s just been painstakingly long
That is very unfortunate. Sorry you had to endure all this. Shoot me a DM if you need any additional help. I have a few friends that are recruiters in FL that could possibly help, or at least point you in the right direction.

exNavyOffRec

Medical waivers have no effect on the board process, they get no medical info on the applicants.

mstenger404

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. I've only got 2 questions.

1) at the age of 32, is my age waiver considered 'medical' and therefore not visible to the board? Or is it a waiver that the board sees?

2) How is GPA calculated? I've searched this forum and never found a consistent answer. I've got credits from 4 institutions. Is my GPA the one set number on my degree awarded transcript? Or is it a factor of only relevant classes? Or is it every class ever that has grade points listed?

pcola478

1) at the age of 32, is my age waiver considered 'medical' and therefore not visible to the board? Or is it a waiver that the board sees?

2) How is GPA calculated? I've searched this forum and never found a consistent answer. I've got credits from 4 institutions. Is my GPA the one set number on my degree awarded transcript? Or is it a factor of only relevant classes? Or is it every class ever that has grade points listed?
I don't believe the age waiver is considered medical.

I had the same concerns as you regarding GPA as I had 5 transcripts total, and my degree-granting institution didn't count transfer credit scores in my final GPA calculation. My processor calculated my overall GPA based on all the courses taken at every college.

GoVols03

SNFO Select

I am 34 and NRC approved my age waiver so I would say send it. If you did well on astb and you have a decent gpa send it

pcola478

I'm glad there are some other oldies on here 😅 twice in the past week when a couple of NAs learned about my goal they both immediately said, "aren't you too old?"

Flankspeed. Need a cac to log in
Look up Sharepoint, N3 page.
At board lists are in a pdf file usually listed on the home page or GENOFF page.

exNavyOffRec

While your birth was a medical event the fact that it was 32 years ago doesn't mean it is a medical waiver.

On the transcripts like was said they count everything, think of it this way every class you attempted will count into the calculation.

GoVols03

SNFO Select
I'm glad there are some other oldies on here 😅 twice in the past week when a couple of NAs learned about my goal they both immediately said, "aren't you too old?"
Yea most people you interact with have no idea what they are talking about, don’t listen to them.