• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Video

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
C6Driver said:
So what you are saying is that there needs to be better standards and career enhancing opportunitys for those we send to train our future officers? Is there an echo in here or is it just me? ;)
I don't know, is there? Are you implying you said this in your original post?

C6Driver said:
I may have missed a few minor details about SWO's but I have seen several very poor examples at my ROTC unit (all communitys all ranks) and others and know that it is death to a pilots career if he/she wants to command a squadron.
I've seen poor examples of SWO's, Pilots, NFO's, Bubbleheads, Intel weenies, IT geeks....etc at many of the commands I've been assigned to. Does this mean we shouldn't send them there? Actually, a better question is how do you know before hand that they are going to be "poor examples?"

......"death to a [pilot's career] if he/she wants to command a [squadron/ship/sup/etc]".....yea, have heard that before. Don't put in to command a PC (LT, second DH tour job) because you'll never make commander command.....stay away from the Special Boat Units, because you'll never be a good DH after that tour and you will never make commander command.....etc. I love the cookie cutter approach to producing CO's. It makes such great leaders.

C6Driver

pilot
I think you and I agree. I do wish that only the best were sent to instruct future officers but sadly that is not the case. The cookie cutter command path is another disappointment I have but since that is the path I am on, I will have to do my best and play the game if I desire command.

I guess it is in our nature as prior Nuke EM's to agree on some level, all be it longwindedly:) What is it they say, "ET's get paid for what they know, MM's get paid for what they do, EM's just get paid"

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
C6Driver said:
I guess it is in our nature as prior Nuke EM's to agree on some level, all be it longwindedly:) What is it they say, "ET's get paid for what the know, MM's get paid for what the do, EM's just get paid"
EM is the CHOSEN rate after all. Fortunately, God does the choosing and weeds out the chaff in the process....or at least, electricutes them. :D