• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October 09 Boards

willec

Hello Gents, I found out a few days ago that I was Pro Rec'ed SNA. PRT Tuesday and MEPs Thursday. Swore I would never go back to that doctor since the Corps and here I am but happy as Hell.

BigL17

Spoke with my OR yesterday told me that he may be able to get me to OCS as soon as 06 December. He will let me know for certain in the upcoming week so I won't be racing to get things done if it does. So right now I am kicking the studying and pt into high gear just in case.

Warpig1

I got the same word from my processor, Dec 6... That's like tomorrow lol. Found out yesterday that I'm physically qualified, and now it's going up for FS signature. Seems like they are moving fast this month!

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
From what I've been told, once that Pro-Rec and FS is complete, the ball starts rolling down hill faster than a greased ball of lightening! Congrats to all that have gotten their answer and for those that didn't, KEEP GOING FOR IT. This was my second application for a commission and the work pays off. EARN it, don't beg for it or wait for it to come to you.

quick question warpig, who told you about the final select? Was it mailed/emailed or told to you by your CoC or OR?

Warpig1

I talked to Homer Elam on Friday... Get this, apparently the pro-rec message was signed 10am on fri, but it's going to take the PS' time to look up everyones command address. Then he said that it's possible that the final select letters are going to be emailed before the pro-select messages go out, lol. So we'll see. Congrats man! Hope to see ya in RI!

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!
SWEET!!! Maybe my final select letter will be there on Monday when i get back to work LOL...although i doubt it simply because I got the Pro-Rec message on Friday...so now lets see if my final select is good to go. For those prior enlisted...how long does it usually take to get the final letter?

I'm mainly asking for those that have had the Lasik surgery and are in the study group. I was totally stoked to hear i was Pro-Rec'd for SNA but does that mean that they haven't even looked at my medical waiver yet???

JTH

Final Selects this fast? Umm.. highly unlikely. How long are they going to take to issue your temp clearance? Just dropped by the OR's office Tuesday and he mentioned 1 month for JPAS and 1 month until FS. August board is just now heading to 6 dec OCS. I would be very surprised if FS came out this fast and any of us made it to the 6 dec class. Just sayn'

BigL17

Final Selects this fast? Umm.. highly unlikely. How long are they going to take to issue your temp clearance? Just dropped by the OR's office Tuesday and he mentioned 1 month for JPAS and 1 month until FS. August board is just now heading to 6 dec OCS. I would be very surprised if FS came out this fast and any of us made it to the 6 dec class. Just sayn'

I understand that, my OR was simply telling me that they have some slated still open for 06 Dec. And I already sent in JPAS etc with my original package (not sure if that is what you were referring to). Either way it's more motivation for me.:D

JTH

I agree 100%, 6 dec OCS would be sweet! There are a bunch of guys ahead of me who have been waiting though. I had MEPS and JPAS finished before selection also. I'm thankful to have the opportunity whether it takes 4 months or two days.. I'll let you know if I hear anything on when they expect the FS to get issued. I hope it's sooner rather then later for all of us! Congrats on the SWO selection by the way

bedwellm

PRO-REC'D SNA AND SWO!!!

I would take that into consideration if I weren't already enlisted with a full clear Top Secret clearance and told by Millington that they were trying to ship me out in Dec but will settle for either the Jan 3rd or 23rd class up dates...so now I'm yet again in limbo LOL

hotwings

what all needs to be completed in order to get your final select letter, i have gone to meps and been cleared, I have not done my prt yet, just wondering if the prt needs to be done before the FS

niktam

Applying: SNA

7 years active
AE2(AW/SW)

ASTB: 5/5/5/53

School: 3.78 GPA Saint Leo Univesity Crim justice / Homeland Security.

Interviews: 4 0-5's, 2 0-4's all Tens. Range from OPS O's to XO/CO's of a few E-2 commands. and then the Squadron CO as well.

LORS: 3 0-6 USN, 1 DCAG, 1 CAG, 1 skipper of a big base all former squadron CO's.

Evals: MP/EP/EP

PRT: Good High/ Good High/ Excellent Low (swim swim run)

Extracurriculurs: Lots of volunteer work/coaching.

Special: Not a pilot but been turned E-2's and C-2's for three years now.
I think that covers it.

Applied in July, Got selected Pilot in October, not too bad!