• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Passenger on a Military Flight?

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
One of the limitations on spacea flight for midshipmen is that it is only CONUS within the continental U.S., Alaska, Hawaii, and American Territories, but not overseas.

UMichfly

pilot
None
Ok, that works for me. I thought you were talking about all of our flights, i.e. to cruise etc. That sucks to hear the other part though, guess I'll have to put off my ridiculously cheap vacation for another 10 months 'til I get the shiny bars...

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Never give up. If you dont mind doing a little to a lot of leg work, for a free flight, anything is possible.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
gatordev said:
And correct me if I'm wrong, but all 350 of you are active duty, as well, no? That can be a huge difference, regardless of what Adm Cotton may have said.

No Sir, actually at NAPS you are in the Naval Reserves. Ironically, when you get to USNA and they take away your CAC cards to give you old school ones you are active duty Navy. I don't know how or why this works, but it would seem to be the reverse of what everyone else is saying.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
xmid said:
No Sir, actually at NAPS you are in the Naval Reserves. Ironically, when you get to USNA and they take away your CAC cards to give you old school ones you are active duty Navy. I don't know how or why this works, but it would seem to be the reverse of what everyone else is saying.

Hmm. Weird. Okay, I stand corrected.