• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pelosi One

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Always take the Moonie Times with a grain of salt.

1. It was actually the House Sergeant at Arms who told Pelosi that Speaker Hastert had had access to an Air Force plane "for security and communications purposes following September 11, 2001." He offered to call the Air Force and DoD himself to clarify guidelines.

2. It was the Air Force that determined that Pelosi might need a bigger plane than Speaker Hastert. He only had to travel from DC to Illinois; she has to go all the way out to California to get to her home district, and the Air Force thought she would be safer in a plane that wouldn't have to stop for fuel every 2,000 miles.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
being a native Californian... I'll just sit here and hang my head in shame ;)

I'd love to see here walking through the -46's rotorwash on the way to some political shim sham ... "right this way ma'am!"

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Always take the Moonie Times with a grain of salt./QUOTE]

Moonie? Moonie?

Interesting to see that we have Racists/Bigots aboard this otherwise intelligent forum.
:eek: :eek:

Its not a racists term, just defined as derogatory. We all know how loose the definition of derogatory can be.

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Moonie? Moonie?

Interesting to see that we have Racists/Bigots aboard this otherwise intelligent forum.
:eek: :eek:
Well, the paper was founded and is owned by the Reverend Sun Myung Moon, who "established The Washington Times to fulfill God's desperate desire to save this world" and has since "devoted [him]self to raising up The Washington Times, hoping that this blessed land of America would fulfill its world-wide mission to build a Heavenly nation," and it has a history of hard-right, pro-UC and pro-white reporting. If you want to refer to that as your trustworthy paper of record, feel free, but I'm still taking it with salt. Which, apparently, makes me a bigot.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
Space-A is just as secure, I'm sure it's not that hard to get from Andrews to Travis.

My recommendation is strapped to a pallet in a C-130 for the ride. Should cure her desires for military transport. In all seriousness, I can see the logic behind it, but it seems that she intends to have a bigger entourage with her than is envisioned/intended by the military. That don't cut it.

Rasczak

Marine
My recommendation is strapped to a pallet in a C-130 for the ride. Should cure her desires for military transport. In all seriousness, I can see the logic behind it, but it seems that she intends to have a bigger entourage with her than is envisioned/intended by the military. That don't cut it.
agreed.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Well, the paper was founded ... pro-white reporting. .. you want to refer to that as your trustworthy paper of record, ... makes me a bigot.

Shame on you.

Your hatred and bigotry comes thru loud and clear and in each instance where we see racisim and/or bigotry, it is our collective duty to call it out, specifically.

I seldom read the Washington Times, I too dislike most of their coverage, esp I dislike their editorial page. However, I simply move on to another paper rather than getting myself in a knot in hatred. Suggest you do the same. :) :)

Cate

Pretty much invincible
So, if you see blatant lies being published repeatedly and passed along as truth, you're comfortable in "just moving on to another paper" and not trying to correct the lies or rectify the situation? It's okay for our press to be used as a personal mouthpiece to smear the political opposition? All we should do is ignore it and let the lies stand? Shame on you.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
dogcatfight.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Well, the paper was founded and is owned by the Reverend Sun Myung Moon......... I'm still taking it with salt. Which, apparently, makes me a bigot.
No, that doesn't make you a bigot. But the following does:

...Southern preachers pray to animal fat all the time. "Lard, we just thank you..." "Lard, we just come to you..." "Lard, we just ask you to bless this 2007 Session of the Alabama Legislature With Monster Truck Rally and Chili Cook-Off..."
Why don't you just insert some racial epithets or stereotypes for say, .....bible beaters, blacks, yellows, reds, or brown people -- in place of "Southern" ... "preachers" ... "Lard, Lard" ... etc., etc. , and then you would have it all??? But you wouldn't ... as then you would be seen as "insensitive, or possibly a "racist", yes???

You can even use "cracker" or "redneck"; I don't mind.

You belong in a class of liberal, white, effete, elitist bigots; and "that class" is the bane of this country ...

Cate

Pretty much invincible
Trust me, if I'd meant "black," "redneck," "cracker," "yellow," "brown," etc., that's what I would have said. Or have you found me timid and afraid to speak my mind in the past?