• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pelosi One

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Are you serious?
Absolutely. That way you know what you are getting. Trying to get news thats purely objective is impossible. The writer is going to interject their opinion on the matter regardless of how impartial they try to remain. Simply by omitting certain details they have judged what the reader needs to or should know.

When a newspaper or any media outlet is openly biased the reader doesn't have to stop and wonder how much of a slant there is.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Absolutely. That way you know what you are getting. Trying to get news thats purely objective is impossible. The writer is going to interject their opinion on the matter regardless of how impartial they try to remain. Simply by omitting certain details they have judged what the reader needs to or should know.

When a newspaper or any media outlet is openly biased the reader doesn't have to stop and wonder how much of a slant there is.

There is a reason God gave you critical thinking skills, well........at least most people. News organizations that strive to have as little bias as possible are usually the best, ones that do not strive for that are little better than propoganda tools.

Just because you don't like the news from a certain source doesn't mean it is of poor quality, it just means you don't like hearing 'bad' news.......

phrogpilot73

No news entity is completely above reproach, but the NY Times and Washington Post are far better papers than the Washington Times. I also believe that the Wall Street Journal and the Economist, both considered to be 'conservative', are fine news publications that are in the same category as the NY Times and Washington Post.
I will put myself in the category as someone who reads the Washington Times. I also read the Washington Post. Somewhere in between the two is the truth.

Never could read the WSJ or the Economist, both a bit too dry for me.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I will put myself in the category as someone who reads the Washington Times. I also read the Washington Post. Somewhere in between the two is the truth.

Never could read the WSJ or the Economist, both a bit too dry for me.

I don't trust a paper run by the Moonies........:(

Dry, maybe, but they are both excellent resources if you want to know what is going on in the world or in finance.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
Trying to get news thats purely objective is impossible. The writer is going to interject their opinion on the matter regardless of how impartial they try to remain. Simply by omitting certain details they have judged what the reader needs to or should know.

The idea that an opinion is always going to come out is not true...there is something that is the truth, but somehow, people feel there is no longer just facts about something. There is the conservative side and the liberal side to everything...heck, watch most so called "balanced"shows and they will have the left and right duking it out and say this is the 2 sides to the truth. No, there is what actually happened and what someone with an agenda will spin it as.

And most good news sources try hard to be unbiased...those that don't are no longer reporting news, but instead providing "commentary". Sadly, many in this country have been drinking so much Kool Aid that any newspaper they disagree with will be attacked as being biased if it tells a story the reader disagrees with. Is the WSJ conservative? Well, its editorial board certainly is, but I find the news stories are balanced for the most part. I would say the same about the Washington Post, as well, (only the Editorial board is slanted left), but I find the reporting balanced on the whole.

As my first CO said "I can handle bad news, just tell me the truth".

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
RetreadRand said:
I am not so sure it is that big a deal.
4 stars around the world get their own c-40s and C-37s (737s and G-5s)
C-20s (g-3), C-21s (Learjet) C-35 (Citations) etc etc
guys, we are talking planes with costs close to the 50 million range PLUS and I know for a FACT their use is often unquestioned. So why are we making such a fuss over the 3rd in line for the Presidency?

I agree with FLASH on this one

Uhhhh! These stars PAY for their own aircraft. Pelosi doesn't.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
Huh? I've never seen a general/admiral whip out a credit card or checkbook...

I've seen a Marine Corp General fly coach in uniform. Nobodys telling Pelosi that she can't fly on military aircraft, she's just peeved that she can't take her entourage with her.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
RetreadRand said:
Her "entourage" probably includes a
security detail
commo team
military liasion
aides/advisors

The problem with this whole topic is that people who have NO idea what they are talking about are fueling the fire on this website and in the public/media

This is a quote from the Washington Times article at the beginning of this thread.

"Mrs. Pelosi wants a larger aircraft that can fly to her home district of San Francisco nonstop. She also wants to be able to ferry other members of the congressional delegation, family members and her staff."

If her "entourage" consisted of the people that you listed, I'd have no problem with it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is a quote from the Washington Times article at the beginning of this thread.

"Mrs. Pelosi wants a larger aircraft that can fly to her home district of San Francisco nonstop. She also wants to be able to ferry other members of the congressional delegation, family members and her staff."

If her "entourage" consisted of the people that you listed, I'd have no problem with it.

An anonymous government source with no other proof to back it up, real good research skills there.........:eek: