• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pentagon says ships harassed by Iran

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_NAVY_IRAN?SITE=FLROC&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I know the ships have to be somewhat vulnerable when they're in the strait due to decreased mobility, but it can't be a good idea to head on attack a US cruiser, destroyer, and a frigate. From the article it seems like the small boats were dropping explosives in the water for the ships to hit.
Without going into too much detail, this happens a good deal, and the boats aren't exactly flying Iranian flags...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This isn't as an unusual event as they're saying, but the fact that Big Navy is publicizing this incident says to me that at least one of the US captains was thiiiiiiiiis close to going batteries-released game-on.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This isn't as an unusual event as they're saying, but the fact that Big Navy is publicizing this incident says to me that at least one of the US captains was thiiiiiiiiis close to going batteries-released game-on.
Yes. And let's just leave it at that until big navy publicly releases the full context of this incident (if/when they do).

BackOrdered

Contributor
The article I was reading mentioned that the Iranian ships were placing boxes in front for the ships, forcing them to take "evasive" measure.

Yeah but why? Other than risking choosing death over life, what were they hoping to accomplish?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Yeah but why? Other than risking choosing death over life, what were they hoping to accomplish?

Well, they didn't get hozed this time, so they know they can at least get this close next time. Or at least they think so.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

A little more 'unusual' than usual this time, but not too unusual.......capiche?..........:eek:

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
It sounds like it was a little too close for comfort, given that preparations were being made to fire in self-defense. Tensions might be running high after this one. I'll have to keep an eye on the news stations today. oh wait, the news stations don't give a rip, they're too busy focusing on britney.

edit: looks like the news is actually reporting this.