• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Please Don’t Do This

exNavyOffRec

We had a stash ENS who had ~4 years of commissioned service with us.

Long story short she popped for cocaine on a drug test as a SWO, lawyered up/appealed it and ultimately was allowed to stay to finish her NROTC obligation.

After she was stashed with us (about 3 months) she ended up getting a nice job in the DC metro area, starting salary around $125K/year from what she told me.
I worked with a guy that popped on a drug test, he lawyered up and was able to show it was from the body building supplements he was taking, and they weren't banned by the military. He was cleared and made CPO the next cycle, then made SCPO his first time up. I don't know if he retired as a SCPO or stayed and made MCPO as after he made SCPO we went to different commands.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
I worked with a guy that popped on a drug test, he lawyered up and was able to show it was from the body building supplements he was taking, and they weren't banned by the military. He was cleared and made CPO the next cycle, then made SCPO his first time up. I don't know if he retired as a SCPO or stayed and made MCPO as after he made SCPO we went to different commands.
I wouldn’t be surprised poppin on a drug test in the future would be a slap on the wrist for the consequences especially since the Navy are allowing pos dats from the delayed entry program to come back in.

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I wouldn’t be surprised poppin on a drug test in the future would be a slap on the wrist for the consequences especially since the Navy are allowing pos dats from the delayed entry program to come back in.
Zero tolerance is going to be around for awhile.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Yeah, no.

There's definitely some legal/drug issues that are acceptable pre-accession that are not OK once you're in.

Rtjenkins

Ricky Jenkins
Yeah, no.

There's definitely some legal/drug issues that are acceptable pre-accession that are not OK once you're in.
I said drugs, I meant one specific Marijuana. While I was in security I witnessed captain mast on an individual who popped in the drug test he was given a 2nd after an appeal so long as they didn’t get in any more trouble. This about 4 years ago, of course the person ended up in trouble during restrictions thus sealing his fate and getting kicked out anyway.

CWO_change

Believe it or not I don't think that is even close to being the case.

A quick search found that an Arleigh Burke-class DDG has ~24 officers and 300 enlisted and a VFA squadron has ~20 or more officers, depending on if it is an E or F squadron, and ~200 or so enlisted personnel. Add up the all carrier, maritime patrol/recon and helo air wings (whose squadrons usually have A LOT more aviators than VFA) along with the large training wings as well (that SWO's don't have) and you get quite a few officers.

From looking at the November 2021 Officer Inventory Authorization, there were 9,175 SWOs and 12,687 in Aviation (no breakdown between pilot and NFO). There were a total of 27,361 URL officers, 7,459 RL officers, 10,420 Medical Community officers (and a total of 15,666 among all of the Staff Corps), and 5,437 LDO-CWO types, for a total of just shy of 56,000 total officers.