• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Possible fake Naval aviator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTBQ

Naval Radiator
pilot
Don't be a tool. What are you going to do, confront an 83 year old man in Costco? Wait til you have some credibility before you start investigating what you deem to be false claims. Until then, head down, mouth shut, eyes on prize.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't be a tool. What are you going to do, confront an 83 year old man in Costco? Wait til you have some credibility before you start investigating what you deem to be false claims. Until then, head down, mouth shut, eyes on prize.

Solid advice.

Brett

Lawman

None
Shouldn't we at least confront the 29 year old "Vietnam Vets"

Yes. Also on the list of those to be confronted, ROTC cadets in whites wearing fake tridents claiming to have seen action with "the teams" during Halloween festivities. If your on this board and your reading this, I stand by my words that night and you are a tool.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
Yes. Also on the list of those to be confronted, ROTC cadets in whites wearing fake tridents claiming to have seen action with "the teams" during Halloween festivities. If your on this board and your reading this, I stand by my words that night and you are a tool.

While I obviously don't have any clue what you're referring to, one of my Army ROTC classmates was prior service and was Special Forces tabbed. It was pretty strange to see an ROTC cadet walking around with a Special Forces tab on his left shoulder, but since he earned it he could wear it.

I asked him once why he went the ROTC route instead of OCS & he said he wanted the education along with the gold bar.

The Army used to give cadets the opportunity to attend Ranger School as well, but they stopped a few years before I got in college because a couple cadets got hurt pretty bad.

Lawman

None
While I obviously don't have any clue what you're referring to, one of my Army ROTC classmates was prior service and was Special Forces tabbed. It was pretty strange to see an ROTC cadet walking around with a Special Forces tab on his left shoulder, but since he earned it he could wear it.

I asked him once why he went the ROTC route instead of OCS & he said he wanted the education along with the gold bar.

The Army used to give cadets the opportunity to attend Ranger School as well, but they stopped a few years before I got in college because a couple cadets got hurt pretty bad.

Had a Recon Marine in a couple of my justice courses, but this was differnt. This was a bunch of ROTC cadets from some other school who came up for the Halloween festivities in their whites and all decided to wear fake rank insignia and tridents. There BS didnt jibe with me (22-25 year old O-4's anyone?) plus I havent met a SEAL yet who would wear his uniform as a Halloween Costume, let alone 5 of them.

Wanabe Jarhead

Several individuals basically said that if he's not making any money doing it, don't bother him. If you read my second post in this thread closely, you would have noticed that he claims to lecture about his expierence. Who's to say he doesn't make money doing it? Don't his audiences (or at least the people booking him) have the right to know that he's full of it if he wasn't ever even in the United States Navy?

I wouldn't confront him if he was a comissioned officer in the Navy, even if he was lieing a bit. I would confront him if he was never in the Navy and he is making money off of a lie. People that did what he claims to have done fought and died for our freedom here. Falsification is an afront to people that were there.

thull

you're obviously curious about this dude. kinda funny...why do you care? he was there or he wasn't there and he's lying. life goes on.

CaptainRon

pilot
Contributor
Thull, what is the significance of that location in your avatar? I assume that's you in the picture.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Wait till you have some credibility before you start investigating what you deem to be false claims.

Not to sound like a prick, but what exactly would entail having the credibility? I'm assuming that you would be referring to being a winged aviator before saying something?

If that is the case, then what gives reporters (or anyone) the right to investigate guys who might be frauds or anything like that (the case I have in mind is a guy who said he was a SEAL and had the MOH).

If that isn't the case, what would you think?

It's a sticky situation, b/c truly proving him wrong might mean a lot of research unless you were blunt and to the point and called him on it.

Either way, if he was just telling tales that might be something to let go, but if he is giving lectures and doing the stuff to promote it, including financially, I'd be one to look into it, tool or not. Too many people have fought and died to have random people claiming and reaping rewards for stuff they didn't do.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
If that is the case, then what gives reporters (or anyone) the right to investigate guys who might be frauds or anything like that (the case I have in mind is a guy who said he was a SEAL and had the MOH).

"I'm a reporter, that's my job." - Anderson Cooper

Lonestar155

is good to go
Listen. If the guy has personally put his hand out and asked for cash then make your own decisions on how to handle the situation. If not screw it and let it be. This thread should be closed becuase it has gone no where.

greysword

Boldly lick where no one has licked before
...plus I havent met a SEAL yet who would wear his uniform as a Halloween Costume, let alone 5 of them.

hehe, I was thinking that in a pinch, I could probably wear my white cracker jacks to a party. Then I figured, knowing my luck, I'd probably have to salute someone for real :tongue2_1 . The real uniform would be too perfect to be missed as a costume.

On a side note, why don't you call these clowns on their actions by reporting them to their ROTC CO? That would be the true Halloween trick :D

Status
Not open for further replies.