• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Power, wave off, abort, $#%$, Eject!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting. Do you know how much of the NFO pipeline he had to go through? Or was it just like, BAM! Herpes! and he became an ECMO? Just curious.

I'd be guessing, but he was gone for a while, so I think he did the bulk of the VT-86 syllabus, then had to go back through all the ECMO stuff in 129.

Brett

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
I'd be guessing, but he was gone for a while, so I think he did the bulk of the VT-86 syllabus, then had to go back through all the ECMO stuff in 129.

Brett

I think you are right Brett. I had a friend who had a ramp strike and a hook slap flying A7's, and he went back through a modified VT-86 syllabus and became a B/N.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Too much John Wayne in the break? ... You've got me on the other two.

Very good.

Dog on a linoleum floor (trying to arrest a severe overshoot in the groove)

B/N wave-off (there were a few rare occasions where a B/N would call for a wave off and the pilot's instinct to react to any wave off call usually resulted in a burst of power followed by a wave off call from the LSO). It happened in one of my squadrons a couple times from the same B/N. Fortunately, on both occasions, the nugget transmitted the call over UHF, so it spared the pilot.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
There was a related article in the links that said the pilot was recovered safely

The other articles are a year old.

Edit: NM, the other link says he was picked up by a helo 17 minutes later.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ones also seen in my short tailhooking career . . .
B-> TMLSOIC
(OK) LGGBM

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
why make a marine prowler pilot CQ? I thought they didn't go to the boat?

That's a good question, but it's just how things are done. Just kinda goes with earning your wings. They even let a couple of the USAF exchange guys do it (day only).

Brett

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
That's a good question, but it's just how things are done. Just kinda goes with earning your wings. They even let a couple of the USAF exchange guys do it (day only).

Brett

Not to buck the system or anything... but that sounds like alot of $$ down the tube for "it's just how things are done.".... if that was the guy's only problem.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Not to buck the system or anything... but that sounds like alot of $$ down the tube for "it's just how things are done.".... if that was the guy's only problem.

Until the day comes when he may need to go to a boat squadron, and cant. You never know what can happen.

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Interesting... was it just like, BAM! Herpes! and he became an ECMO?

So you are saying is being an ECMO is like having Herpes :eek: ... in what ways?

The "you'd never admit it to a girl at the bar" way,

The "You try to hide it from your friends out of embarassment, and those that do know make fun of you for it" way or

The "You made a serious of bad decisions that led to it and now you have to live with it" way?

:D