• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

PPL while in the Navy

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I would be surprised if there was a CFI out there who wouldn't sign off for you. Even time in the T-34C from way back in your career should suffice I would think, let alone time you have in other HP/Complex aircraft since then. I actually need to do the same thing, and I was just planning on dropping into the FBO here in town and seeing if anyone would sign me off. I'll get back to you on whether or not that is kosher.

I'd appreciate it. All my HP/Complex time is T-34C as well, though I've been eyeballing the Arrow down at the flying club. It's just a bit of investment to fly it solo.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Indeed it was. Did it while the boat was in overhaul at PSNS. Kinda sucked because we were in shiftwork much of the Summer and I'd still try to fly as much as I could. Sleeping and eating became less of a priority.

Thats where I took my first flight lesson as a senior in high school in 1999 (N25836, you may know which one I'm talking about). I still fly with them nearly every time I go back on leave.