• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primitive tribe in Brazil, never had contact with civilization until now

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
It's amazing how these tribes have seemingly not advanced their civilization, which leads me to wonder how old the tribe is and if it is thousands of years old or even many centuries why are they still stuck so far back in technology.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You just had to go there didn't you? :nonono_12 :rolleyes:

:)
whatpercent.jpg

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
It's amazing how these tribes have seemingly not advanced their civilization, which leads me to wonder how old the tribe is and if it is thousands of years old or even many centuries why are they still stuck so far back in technology.

Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond. That was a starting point for his book. Kinda long. No pop up pictures so i've been having some trouble.

GGS.jpg

Nafod

Change I can belive in
That was a good book. I liked how it broke it down Barney style for those of us who dont have advanced degrees in anthropology.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond. That was a starting point for his book. Kinda long. No pop up pictures so i've been having some trouble.

GGS.jpg

Or you could check out the PBS DVD from your local library - pretty good show. Much easier than that reading thing.

I only like trashy romance novels anyhow.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot

GGS.jpg

OK, but not great. Some good info but way too determinist. Human culture has a big, if not bigger, impacton history than geography, a la "guns, germs and steel."