• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Random Griz Aviation Musings

Walt6541

The amount of Masshole AWs is rather surprising! I'm on the North Shore myself. I also avoid the Cape at all costs especially on holiday weekends!

zipmartin

Never been better
pilot
Contributor
So I'm down on Cape Cod this weekend, cleaning out my late father's home before putting it on the market. Going through his papers I found a letter to my dad from the then CO of HT-18, on the occasion of my winging. (Framed, on his office wall) Was this common in CNATRA land? Im guessing every parent of my winging class received an identical, but hand signed letter....
I winged in '77 in Kingsville and my parents received a letter from Commander of TRAWING II saying the same thing.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
It was bound to happen at some point [I guess]…I just saw an airline pilot with “Greg Brady hair” at KSEA. I didn’t get a pic of the “Greg Brady hair” airline pilot but his hair looked almost exactly like what is pictured below…

9E9706BA-3578-4963-8B10-D8957A8D2D38.jpeg

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Griz, very south end of Plymouth on Buzzards Bay..

@Griz882 most of childhood was CT, dad lived in Plymouth or near Cape most of his life. I went to BU.... Definitely no Masshole here. My very Midwest driving style received no love this week on Rt 3!!!

I would welcome a chance to transfer to MA if the CAP-USAF position for Mass opened up, and work out of JB Otis. Unfortunately it's held by a recent retired O-5 C130 dude who lives up in Maine and covers MA from there - similarly to how I cover Michigan UP from WPAFB and southern Ohio...

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
@Griz882 most of childhood was CT, dad lived in Plymouth or near Cape most of his life. I went to BU.... Definitely no Masshole here. My very Midwest driving style received no love this week on Rt 3!!!

I would welcome a chance to transfer to MA if the CAP-USAF position for Mass opened up, and work out of JB Otis. Unfortunately it's held by a recent retired O-5 C130 dude who lives up in Maine and covers MA from there - similarly to how I cover Michigan UP from WPAFB and southern Ohio...
IDK…BU is a pretty solid Masshole card but your mid-western driving might keep you out of the club. Keep your eye open for a CAP job at Hanscom AFB, they have (or used to have) a CAP wing out there. If you have the opportunity to fly east for CAP or fun you have to try a landing at Cape Cod Airfield (2B1), a fun grass strip just north and west of the old Otis AFB runways. If you are in a CAP bird you can land at Otis (now called Cape Cod Space Base) and go visit the CG helicopters stationed there.

Last thing…if you are still there and need a great breakfast cross the Bourne Bridge, stay on 28 for about three miles and just before the second rotary look for a place called “Jimmy’s Diner” on the right. Long ago it was the Tin Man and though the owner has changed, the cook remains. Really good breakfast.

number9

Contributor
Last thing…if you are still there and need a great breakfast cross the Bourne Bridge, stay on 28 for about three miles and just before the second rotary look for a place called “Jimmy’s Diner” on the right. Long ago it was the Tin Man and though the owner has changed, the cook remains. Really good breakfast.
You take the bridge? Guess you don't have a tunnel permit.. ?

Hey! I’m no Masshole, I just married one.
I am a naturalized Masshole, which I think is worse?

Walt6541

MA Wing is still out of Hanscom. I'm the Deputy Commander for Cadets of a MAWG squadron. Same squadron I was a cadet in before my time in the Corps.

2B2 up at Plum Island is another great little airport, one grass runway and one paved. There's a permanently parked food truck there that's excellent!!
IDK…BU is a pretty solid Masshole card but your mid-western driving might keep you out of the club. Keep your eye open for a CAP job at Hanscom AFB, they have (or used to have) a CAP wing out there. If you have the opportunity to fly east for CAP or fun you have to try a landing at Cape Cod Airfield (2B1), a fun grass strip just north and west of the old Otis AFB runways. If you are in a CAP bird you can land at Otis (now called Cape Cod Space Base) and go visit the CG helicopters stationed there.