• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Re-NAS'ing Cecil Field

Fred

hornetframer said:
. I want to continue avoiding Norfolk!!!!

My husband was stationed at Oceana...and I don't think we have been to Norfolk more than a dozen times in 4 years. ;) (unless you count the airport)

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
hornetframer said:
Cecil Field needs to be re-opened. While doing IFS this past summer, I was honored to be able to fly there for some training. All there really is there is trees. The carrier markings on 27L are still there. The base does need some new barracks (old ones were demolished) and some more (updated) hangars. Cecil Field is still used by the P-3s to do touch-and-goes and the runway is still in pretty good shape. Forget those VA politicians and get the Hornets down there. I want to continue avoiding Norfolk!!!!

Almost all of the CNATRA CQ dets use Cecil. Unfortunately, they no longer have an OLS so we made the very short flight up to Whitehouse OLF and did our warmup bounce there.

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
hornetframer said:
Forget those VA politicians and get the Hornets down there. I want to continue avoiding Norfolk!!!!
You say that as if you already know you are getting Hornets after flight school. I hope for your sake the "Needs of the Navy" don't require Hawkeye NFOs. :eek:

Super18Ordie

F/A-18 Ordnanceman
brownshoe said:
Hey, thanks! I see you're in Lusby, I'm up near Frederick. Ever get up this way? I'm tucked away in a small town being a civil engineer, I've got a 5 minute commute. I hope you have a similar situation. Driving into the Metro area can be really bad. At any rate, thanks for the welcome.

I used to drive up to Hagerstown I was seeing this girl up there for awhile but it got to much of a drive for me. Im stationed at NAS Pax right now. Living on the Solomons Island side of the bridge in Lusby, some mornings traffic can be a *****, 20 minute commute and 40 minutes getting home.

hornetframer

Rhino WSO
None
I will fly whatever they give me. I just prefer to go back to a carrier and Hornets are my prefered platform though. I liked the Hornet community before as a mechanic and the other side looked like is was challenging and fun. I am sure they have their bad days though just like any other community.

brownshoe

Contributor
Super18Ordie said:
I used to drive up to Hagerstown I was seeing this girl up there for awhile but it got to much of a drive for me. Im stationed at NAS Pax right now. Living on the Solomons Island side of the bridge in Lusby, some mornings traffic can be a *****, 20 minute commute and 40 minutes getting home.

I sent you a private message. No sense in taking up posting space with gossip.

Steve