• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Real-life "Fight Club"

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
This from a state that is so afraid of guns... go figure.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,197504,00.html

Kicking, punching and swinging every household object imaginable — from frying pans and tennis rackets to pillowcases stuffed with soda cans — they beat each other mercilessly in a garage in this bedroom community south of San Francisco.

Then, bloodied and bruised, they limp back to their desks in the morning.

"When you get beat down enough, it becomes a very un-macho thing," said Shiyin Siou, 34, a Santa Clara software engineer and three-year veteran of the clandestine fights. "But I don't need this to prove I'm macho — I'm macho enough as it is."

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
I'll stick to the grappling in my Brazilian JuJitsu class. I really hate getting hit......or kicked.

BigRed389

None
bunk22 said:
I'll stick to the grappling in my Brazilian JuJitsu class. I really hate getting hit......or kicked.

Yeah, but I know plenty of guys in my MT class that really hate having someone else's sweaty nutsack anywhere near their face. :D

I'd also rather NOT get "mounted" by a dude, front OR rear. :icon_tong

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
problem with a fight club is that there's likely someone out there who is bigger and/or more badass than you - and I hate to lose!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
PropStop said:
problem with a fight club is that there's likely someone out there who is bigger and/or more badass than you - and I hate to lose!

And what happens if you get some retard who can't control himself and just wants to hurt people? For the unaware, you CAN kill people with your bare hands. Movies are not reality, many of those guys would be dead/hospitalized in the movie.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
And what happens if you get some retard who can't control himself and just wants to hurt people? For the unaware, you CAN kill people with your bare hands. Movies are not reality, many of those guys would be dead/hospitalized in the movie.

yeah, that'd be a fun one to explain to the skipper too...

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
BigRed389 said:
Yeah, but I know plenty of guys in my MT class that really hate having someone else's sweaty nutsack anywhere near their face. :D

I'd also rather NOT get "mounted" by a dude, front OR rear. :icon_tong

If you're good, nobody will mount you. As far as the nut sack in the face, can't promise anything there :D

Birdman

Eh, let them have their fight clubs. If they end up killing someone then that'll rest on them won't it

Yeah, but I know plenty of guys in my MT class that really hate having someone else's sweaty nutsack anywhere near their face.

I'd also rather NOT get "mounted" by a dude, front OR rear.

Tell that to the guy who is choking you out at the same time.

I'm gay AND I can kick your ass! What is worse.... being gay? or getting your ass kicked by the gay dude? I think you get my logic..lol :D

BigRed389

None
goosegagnon2 said:
Tell that to the guy who is choking you out at the same time.

I'm gay AND I can kick your ass! What is worse.... being gay? or getting your ass kicked by the gay dude? I think you get my logic..lol :D

It's just that I'm really not used to the sight of dudes going on their backs...with their legs up in the air. Usually it's the opposite sex doing that, if you catch MY logic. :icon_tong

I mean you get a lot of THIS:
http://www.bjj.org/techniques/intheguard/guardpass1/guard2.jpg

And THIS:
http://wrestling.johnpaulriley.com/jp_vs_shawn_2003_07_04/shawn_jp_triangle_choke_1.jpg

That said, I think it's pretty clear you need to be well-rounded...or get a CCW permit.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
BigRed389 said:
It's just that I'm really not used to the sight of dudes going on their backs...with their legs up in the air. Usually it's the opposite sex doing that, if you catch MY logic. :icon_tong

I mean you get a lot of THIS:
http://www.bjj.org/techniques/intheguard/guardpass1/guard2.jpg

And THIS:
http://wrestling.johnpaulriley.com/jp_vs_shawn_2003_07_04/shawn_jp_triangle_choke_1.jpg

That said, I think it's pretty clear you need to be well-rounded...or get a CCW permit.

When grappling, there's nothing sexual about it. That's the last thing on your mind, unless you're a horny homo or homo-phobic (both of which are closely related). It's not for everyone but some good mat work is a hell of a work out.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
bunk22 said:
When grappling, there's nothing sexual about it. That's the last thing on your mind, unless you're a horny homo or homo-phobic (both of which are closely related). It's not for everyone but some good mat work is a hell of a work out.
Yep, nothing gay going on here, just a little friendly grappling:
06-4mini.jpg

Those Turks must be very comfortable with their masculinity. ;)

Brett

B

Blutonski816

AS much as I love watching fight club... this is just stupid...

plus, they missed the point

Fight club wasn't about winning or losing. It wasn't about words. The hysterical shouting was in tongues, like at a Pentecostal Church.

until I hear about a bunch of buildings being demolished in the S.F. Bay area by space monkeys ala Project Mayhem, it's just 1 step up the evolutionary rung from backyard wrestling.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Brett, that's a very special move that takes years to master.....so to speak :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
RetreadRand said:
Don't want to imply anything here Brett...but you found some pretty gay pics and...aren't you also the token woman basher?:icon_hamm
Precisely, but hey, they were on a "wrestling" site. Whatever it takes to get my point across. :D

Brett