• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

USMC Robert Kiyosaki

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
This dude started popping up on my various feeds. He frequently appears in public wearing Naval Aviator wings on lapel.

He touts himself as a former "Marine gunship pilot" and a "Vietnam Veteran".

What's the real story here? He seems a bit questionable.

Robert_Kiyosaki_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
He's a snake oil salesman. His "Rich dad, Poor dad" books were craptastulic bullshit. He sells get rich quick schemes.

Random8145

Contributor
He's a snake oil salesman. His "Rich dad, Poor dad" books were craptastulic bullshit. He sells get rich quick schemes.
Certain of his books make some excellent points. And his first book did a good job of emphasizing the need for financial education among people. BUT, there is also a lot of crap in them as well. For example, the original book could have been condensed into an essay basically, not a whole book. I have never heard of any stolen valor accusations against him though...?

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Certain of his books make some excellent points. And his first book did a good job of emphasizing the need for financial education among people. BUT, there is also a lot of crap in them as well. For example, the original book could have been condensed into an essay basically, not a whole book. I have never heard of any stolen valor accusations against him though...?
He made his money selling books and getting people to sign up for his seminars. He was never a real estate tycoon. Kind of like someone else I know who set up a real estate university.

exNavyOffRec

Several years ago a veteran I knew said it would be a good book to read, I hadn't heard of this guy so I read the book, then this veteran I knew tried to get me to start selling Amway. That was a hard pass and a few hours I will never get back.

Random8145

Contributor
He made his money selling books and getting people to sign up for his seminars. He was never a real estate tycoon. Kind of like someone else I know who set up a real estate university.
Yes, that is true. He made his money selling books and courses on how to make money. He and the other guy you mention also "co-wrote" a book together:)

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Several years ago a veteran I knew said it would be a good book to read, I hadn't heard of this guy so I read the book, then this veteran I knew tried to get me to start selling Amway. That was a hard pass and a few hours I will never get back.
His books made their rounds through multiple ready rooms. Despite no objective evidence that he made bank on real estate, he told fairy tales of how to get rich on it.

Just another P.T. Barnum IMO...

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
Haha..I knew a dude that was a little bit senior to me that was flnagled into a weekend road trip to Vegas from SD....He realized about an hour into the trip that they (1 winged aviator and his buddy) were selling Amway.

I think this describes the definition of purgatory/hell. 🙂