• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Screwed up, requesting advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakain

I meet my OSO on Friday. Wish me luck and thanks for the advice.

How the hell do you know how it made her feel?

How did you get arrested for stalking and what state is this in?

I won't ever know what she was thinking or feeling, all I can do is speculate and I'm not going to contact her to hear what went on. But what I wrote before is more than likely the case since I've gotten to know both of them. There was a warrant for my arrest and I turned myself in after my roommate told me that the police were looking for me (I was at Wal-Mart when they initially came to my home).

After getting charged with stalking I researched the legality behind it all, and its relatively easy to get an order of protection against someone. All you have to do is go to the police station, write whatever you feel like on a report, and send it in and next thing you know that person has a warrant for an arrest and a court date.

MasterBates

Restraining/protective orders are ridiculously easy to get.
You don't even know you are being charged until you are served. And by then she alreay has it.

Personal experience with this crap myself.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
There is a difference between being served with a restraining order and being convicted of stalking yes?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Restraining/protective orders are ridiculously easy to get.
You don't even know you are being charged until you are served. And by then she alreay has it.

Personal experience with this crap myself.
We're not talking about a restraining order here. We're talking about someone being charged with stalking. Huge leap.

RAS

retired but still flying
None
Agree, details are missing but it's really between Jakain and his OSO. The restraining order may have said "stalking" when no stalking (as a reasonable person would define stalking) occurred. Domestic violence is getting a lot of attention these days, but to get a restraining order from not-even-a-girlfriend . . . I'd expect the OSO to do some independent checking if that's allowed.

RedDog

You should have talked to him 10 minutes after you found out. Life is full of mistakes. You have to learn from them and move on. I'm no expert, but I am pretty sure that your OSO hasn't lived the perfect life either. Don't go to him with the pitiful puppy dog act, this will only make you look as if you have no spine; but don't be arrogant. When they start your clearance process, depending on the level you will need for your job, they will most likely talk to this girl. The investigators will not talk to her with her boyfriend present. Given the information that you provided earlier, i.e. the comment about her doing what ever her boyfriend tells her to do, she will come clean. If this is a farse, it will be noted.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
You're lucky for a couple reasons man.

A) It looks like you received a 6-month deferral, which does in fact mean that your record will be clear as long as you stay out of trouble. Bottom line you HAVE NOT been convicted of anything, your OSO should be understanding of that fact. If your actions did show "criminal intent" they wouldn't have deferred the case. So good on you at least for taking the appropriate steps to get that far.

B) You're not commissioned yet, all of this is pre-commission. If you were about to be commissioned then this would be a more difficult issue.

This isn't anything to get too worked up over ... like everyone else is telling you, take the appropriate steps and talk to your OSO. Just be honest and, truthfully, you should be fine. It could be a lot worse.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Your OSO won't flush you from the system if you are salvageable. He is graded on his ability to get qualified candidates into the sausage factory so unless you look like you're more trouble than you're worth, he'll be loath to drop you. Stand by for some counselling though.

cosmania

Gitty Up!
pilot
Also, having been arrested for acts that I would rather not discuss, I look at the security questions VERY, VERY carefully.

1) Talk to your OSO
2) If the security questions says "Have you ever been convicted of a misdeamor or a felony?" You may respond 'No' if it's the truth. If it asks if you've ever been arrested, I would definitely cough it up.

It's semantics, but that's their game.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agree, details are missing but it's really between Jakain and his OSO. The restraining order may have said "stalking" when no stalking (as a reasonable person would define stalking) occurred. Domestic violence is getting a lot of attention these days, but to get a restraining order from not-even-a-girlfriend . . . I'd expect the OSO to do some independent checking if that's allowed.
You highlight some of the reasons why I am pressing for more details. It doesn't make sense as it's been outlined to us. And remember, he did come here looking for advice.

Jakain said:
I request any advice anyone may have to offer for this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.