• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Search continues for missing Navy aircraft, 4 aviators

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
NO speculating boys, let's not let this thread get out of hand.

That said, article does mention that it was T-39 from VT-86, presumably overland. One of my old CO's is now a contractor pilot flying those.:confused: Hope his OK.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Well, how about a question? Sounds like these guys were going up north for a mountain radar nav hop. I assume the SIDS haven't changed much in the 20 years since I've flown them out of NPA. Going north on a radar route they would generally send us on the one that was out in Mobile Bay as the exit point. Still the same? We had a pretty decent radar in the T-47 and you you often find the oil platform marking the end of the SID on radar.

Whenever I went into NPA inthe fighting drumstick they always vectored us off the student pain inducing SID and on our way before we even headed toward the second point.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have no issues with links to news stories being placed here.

But as you can imagine we have a lot of young SNA SNFOs on line with us that are very close to the fire so to speak. So in keeping with SteveG's post I'll keep this thread open to report press reports, but nothing more.

If you must speculate I'll ask you to do it elsewhere.

Any heartburn, PM me.

TurnandBurn55

Drinking, flying, or looking busy!!
None
Prayers for all...

VT-86 certainly could use some good news here... the memory of ROKT 517 being fresh in everyone's heads...

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
Schnugg said:
I have no issues with links to news stories being placed here. But as you can imagine we have a lot of young SNA SNFOs on line with us that are very close to the fire so to speak.

Thank you.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I saw that the T-39 is used for navigation training and such, but what NFO pipeline uses it?

usnmerritt

NSW land
None
Accidently posted a dup thread on this.....

I just caught wind of it today. God be with them and their families. I hope some answers come soon.