• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Search continues for missing Navy aircraft, 4 aviators

JC52083

We need T-6 Avatars
Yeah, I knew the ensign pretty well...same unit, and she roommed w/ one of my good friends...man, what a kick. They say in a career you will have a 100 percent chance of knowing people who die...real reality check. Thoughts and prayers are with them and the families.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
The accident rate my whole career was damn good compared to the historical numbers but it's an unforgiving business. My classmates, squadron and wing bubbas, and friends I've buried is well into double digits. It's never easy but we learn from what happened so their deaths serve a painful purpose.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Now that we have a crash site the mishap investigation will begin. Will someone please post details as they become known. You P-cola based guys will be hearing more within a few weeks. Please share the facts. This one is a little curious, we will likely be able to learn something from the investigation.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
wink said:
Now that we have a crash site the mishap investigation will begin. Will someone please post details as they become known. You P-cola based guys will be hearing more within a few weeks. Please share the facts. This one is a little curious, we will likely be able to learn something from the investigation.
I'm speculating quietly to myself.

Brett

A6-EA6

None
Only facts so far are the ones in the news. Memorial service for Cdr Dave "Raider" Roark, USN (Ret), the pilot, will be held Monday 16 Jan, 1000 at the NAS Pensacola Chapel. SDBs or equivelant for those wishing to attend. Combined Memorial service for the entire crew will likely take place Thur or Friday.

East

东部
Contributor
Thanx for that link.
Not just a name without a face anymore.
Will burn a candle for all occupants of that flight tonight.

Strength to all of you outthere in P'cola and I hope someone will pass my condolances from the Netherlands to the relatives.

etnuclearsailor

STA 21 Nuclear OC
Oh no...
I was wondering if this was the same crash we'd heard about.
ENS Elizabeth Bonn was commissioned by the NROTC unit I now attend. Many of the students and staff knew her. I had just missed knowing her by a year. Yesterday was the first time the battalion had met this year. The unit CO was very broken up about this. We will be providing support for her funeral, and we will have a memorial service later in the year in her honor.
This is all very sad.