• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 2014 IDC Board

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
When I was on recruiting duty there was one NRD where the CO insisted that every applicant had an interview with someone from the community that was not attached to the NRD, those OR's were hating life as they were not in a fleet concentration area, this same CO told his OR's that even though certain programs were closed and NRC said not to recruit for them (SWO) he had them recruit and get applications ready so when it was available they could submit, of course when it was opened up the majority of their applications were rejected because the dates were over 6 months old and some forms had been updated.

Yikes. So much work for almost nothing. I have experienced situations similar to this while I was on Recruiting Duty. The push to find qualified applicants, even though there were no quotas available.

Rickblaine22

Speaking of expirations, can one of you ORs (or former ORs) answer...what happens to your medical stuff that expires "after 90 days" if its like this where its sitting on someone's desk somewhere?

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
When I was on recruiting duty there was one NRD where the CO insisted that every applicant had an interview with someone from the community that was not attached to the NRD, those OR's were hating life as they were not in a fleet concentration area, this same CO told his OR's that even though certain programs were closed and NRC said not to recruit for them (SWO) he had them recruit and get applications ready so when it was available they could submit, of course when it was opened up the majority of their applications were rejected because the dates were over 6 months old and some forms had been updated.
Wow

ratherbesurfing

Career Recruiter
Speaking of expirations, can one of you ORs (or former ORs) answer...what happens to your medical stuff that expires "after 90 days" if its like this where its sitting on someone's desk somewhere?
It's the pre-screen for meps that has the short shelf life. Once you have a good N3M letter you're good for 2 years, but need to get a quick re-cert after one year post meps if you've been waiting to ship...or so it used to be.

Rickblaine22

I know one of the medical forms I filled out (the non 2 year one) expired WHILE my stuff was being routed and I had to go re-do it. The doctor laughed. I just wondered what happens to that while its sitting on someone's desk.

psulaw0929

OCS Class 04-16, 27 SEP 2015
I know one of the medical forms I filled out (the non 2 year one) expired WHILE my stuff was being routed and I had to go re-do it. The doctor laughed. I just wondered what happens to that while its sitting on someone's desk.

We had to go to MEPS before submitting our package? I didn't go to MEPS. My OR told me that I only had to go to MEPS if I got a Pro Rec.

Rickblaine22

I didn't go to MEPS...I went to the clinic here and the Navy doctor filled out my stuff. There were two medical forms I submitted with my paperwork, per the checklist...the DD 2808 and DD 2807-1.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
My week has been full of bad news. It would be nice to get some good news soon.

Mine too bro ... One of my Sailor's father died this week. Having to tell one of your guys that their Dad is no longer with them is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I was talking to a YN1 at the NEX today who was in school for CACO. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have to tell family at home that their Son or Daughter was killed in the line of duty. That's one tough job.

exNavyOffRec

Mine too bro ... One of my Sailor's father died this week. Having to tell one of your guys that their Dad is no longer with them is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

It could be worse, my buddy walked into one of the division store rooms and found one of his sailors had hung himself, earlier he had given the sailor a substandard eval and counseled him on his quality of work, he was never the same after that dealing with depression from what happened.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
It could be worse, my buddy walked into one of the division store rooms and found one of his sailors had hung himself, earlier he had given the sailor a substandard eval and counseled him on his quality of work, he was never the same after that dealing with depression from what happened.

That sounds much worse. I couldn't even imagine the guilt.