• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Snacks - What do you eat when you need calories but don't have much time

I normally try to keep a stash of Kashi Chewy Cherry/Dark Chocolate bars. 2-3 normally keep me going for some time. I find myself chugging a lot of water in flight when I do that.

What's your food of choice?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
shanghaiburrito032607.jpg

Someone's been paying too much attention to the Flight Doc's.;)

Honestly...I haven't brought food on a flight to this point. Probably am going to start now that the flights are a little longer (5+ hours). Typical lunch stuff...sandwich, veggies, water...

MasterBates

Can of tuna with mustard.

Drain can, dump in bowl, squirt in mustard, eat.

130 calories, and a metric butt-ton of protein.

Downside, fish breath.

shanghaiburrito032607.jpg

Someone's been paying too much attention to the Flight Doc's.;)

Honestly...I haven't brought food on a flight to this point. Probably am going to start now that the flights are a little longer (5+ hours). Typical lunch stuff...sandwich, veggies, water...
That reminds me of Chipotle. I haven't had one of their burritos in about 3 years now. Damn that junk was good.

utak

ProMax bars. Incredible taste, I lived off these at OCS. http://www.promaxnutrition.net/

and OS Trim protein sticks. Made with beef and ostrich, they taste like summer sausage but very lean. 14 g protein 1.5 g fat, and 80 calories.

There's no Chipotle here in Pensacola, nor real San Diego-style carne asada burritos :(

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmid
Doesn't Muscle Milk have creatine in it?...

Yes it does.

Great thing is, my flight surgeon recommended it to me in lieu of Myoplex which sent me promptly to the can.

I'll talk to him tomorrow about it, phrog is correct Muscle Milk advertises "EndoCreatine" as an ingredient. Don't know why it was okay'd to me (FS knows I lift weights), but I do make sure I drink plenty of H20. Certainly don't want folks taking stuff that they shouldn't.

apologize for threadjack.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Depends on what I can get my hands on... Last time I was flying, it was either poptarts or popcorn and coffee... about a shots worth before the brief and a cup prior to walking.