• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Snacks - What do you eat when you need calories but don't have much time

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
zone bars are alright. I think they still lack a little bit.
They are much better than many of the alternatives though.

I actually find both Zone and Balance bars to taste FAR superior to CLIF or other crumbly, dry messes... the chocolate covered "soy protein nuggets" variety tastes almost like a kudos bar from way back when.

Sly1978

Living the Dream
pilot
I've always liked Power Bar Harvest dipped bars. I have no idea what kind of nutritional value they have (I don't really care, actually) but they seem to do a decent job of giving me energy and keeping the hunger down during flights.

phrogpilot73

Mine says nothing of creatine either. Are you guys sure?
I may have misread mine - but this is what it says: "Creatine GCC, our proprietary, endogenous creatine precursor (Glutamine, betaine, SAMe [S-Andenosylmethionine])." Re-reading it this morning, I'm guessing that means it's not creatine?

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I may have misread mine - but this is what it says: "Creatine GCC, our proprietary, endogenous creatine precursor (Glutamine, betaine, SAMe [S-Andenosylmethionine])." Re-reading it this morning, I'm guessing that means it's not creatine?

Quoted from Cytosport's website: "Muscle Milk helps grow muscle faster than gainers, whey or even creatine"
http://www.cytosport.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=1

I can't find anything that states directly that it does or does not contain creatine though. Oh well, I'm not on MM right now anyway. /resume thread

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Local Flight Doc Endocreatine input...

FS says while technically the "Endocreatine" in Muscle Milk is legal only because NOMI and the FDA haven't caught up to it yet (his phrase, not mine), it is only a matter of time for it to be added to the list with other iterations of Creatine.
Minor tweaks in the molecular composition of the supplement allow it to be called something else, thereby circumventing the letter of the restriction.

In short, it's a "should not" vice a "shall not".
Clear as mud?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
shanghaiburrito032607.jpg

Someone's been paying too much attention to the Flight Doc's.;)

Honestly...I haven't brought food on a flight to this point. Probably am going to start now that the flights are a little longer (5+ hours). Typical lunch stuff...sandwich, veggies, water...

I say go all the way like this guy :D

20x20-6.jpg

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
FS says while technically the "Endocreatine" in Muscle Milk is legal only because NOMI and the FDA haven't caught up to it yet (his phrase, not mine), it is only a matter of time for it to be added to the list with other iterations of Creatine.
Minor tweaks in the molecular composition of the supplement allow it to be called something else, thereby circumventing the letter of the restriction.

In short, it's a "should not" vice a "shall not".
Clear as mud?

I forgot how ghey the Navy is with all their ignorant restrictions and their attitude that if a restriction is good, more is better.

The AF has no restrictions of creatine or even nitric oxide. They do have a restricted list, but it very common sense and reasonable. Not based on some dead teenage rescue swimmer who supplemented with 15 mgs of creatine a day and drank no water while working out too hard... Navy's reactionary policy quickly follows stuff like this.

mb1k

Yep. The clock says, "MAN TIME".
pilot
None
As for food? You need to all make yourself a signature Forrest Patton whole bread, organic honey, natural peanut butter and bacon slice sandwich.

You guys know what I'm talking about...

MasterBates

As for food? You need to all make yourself a signature Forrest Patton whole bread, organic honey, natural peanut butter and bacon slice sandwich.

You guys know what I'm talking about...

It was only a matter of time before that made it on here.

I do still use my Microwave though.