• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Snacks - What do you eat when you need calories but don't have much time

HornetGuy100

Warren "Buffett" Myers
For good calorie intake, and to help you keep in shape. ZONE bars are pretty good, and taste very good. Also another low calorie snack is the Nutri-Grain bars.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I know that this is the official snack of Mumbles, Flash, and Masturbater!!
daves_food_031204_big.jpg

AJB37

Doesn't Muscle Milk have creatine in it?...

I just looked at the ingredients listed on my tub of muscle milk and couldn't find creatine listed on it... but I may be retarded.

Sorry for continuing the threadjack.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I just looked at the ingredients listed on my tub of muscle milk and couldn't find creatine listed on it... but I may be retarded.

Sorry for continuing the threadjack.

Mine says nothing of creatine either. Are you guys sure?

HornetGuy100

Warren "Buffett" Myers
Mine says nothing of creatine either. Are you guys sure?
I have little 16 oz. tubs of the muscle milk (protein shake) and mine also doesn't say that theres Creatine in it. Assuming all three of us don't see this, I say no..
I think it labels it as a Creatine shake on the tub, but I'm not all sure.

HornetGuy100

Warren "Buffett" Myers
Never use those energy bars advertised in the commercial Quick Energy. I think there was a Snickers flavor and such, tasted horrific and definitely the energy didn't matter.

BurghGuy

Master your ego, and you own your destiny.
When I'm looking for a snack based on high-calories/high-taste/low-budget, I go for a Snickers. 510 calories in a $1 King Size, plus like 8g of protein. It's basically a meal. This is also why after 2 years in a flight suit my khakis need to be let out a few inches.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
If you absolutely MUST eat a processed "health" bar, then get ZONE or BALANCE. Almost anything else will be LOADED with carbohydrates, very little protein and very little fat. This is basically like eating a low-fat snickers. Zone and Balance both are comprised of about 40% carbohydrate, 30% protein and 30% fat (%s of total calories). Without fat, the glycemic index of carbohydrates goes up = blood sugar spike = insulin spike = fat storage (caveat being that you are NOT in an anabolic state - ie: post workout)

Clear as mud?

If you want a quick snack, canned tuna is the EASIEST to prepare. Couple tablespoons of low-fat Mayonnaise (mayonnaise fat bad, but substitute with GOOD fats in peanuts, cashews etc), a handful of nuts, and some ripped up lettuce.

Or jerky, some nuts and a piece of fruit. This is all if you care about health. If you could give a sh!t, then hit up the drive through....

Rasczak

Marine
zone bars are alright. I think they still lack a little bit.
They are much better than many of the alternatives though.