• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Snow in Whidbey Island?

tjamz

Pugs said:
Yep, you've never seen wind like wind at NUW and the pass funnels it through there. This happened more than once a year when I was out there. Not unusual to have 40 kts at the base as fronts come through.

Dec of 90, just before went on a cruise, had a storm come through above 60 kts and the house was out of power for six days. Of course I was underway on nuclear power by that point so the roomies got to deal with it.

the wind seems to really pick up around christmas every year

kelly

D_macs Wife
nittany03..... when will you be selecting???? Just curious, the DH wings next week and there is a Prowler slot, we would love to give it to you!!!:) (I so wish it would work like that).
Kelly

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
kelly said:
nittany03..... when will you be selecting???? Just curious, the DH wings next week and there is a Prowler slot, we would love to give it to you!!!:) (I so wish it would work like that).
Kelly
Do I smell another Punk on our hands? ;) I know, I know, what an insult.

Brett

kelly

D_macs Wife
no not a punk! or an insult! Whidbey sounds very nice, if we can't get Oceana, I wouldn't mind WA. We will see next Wednesday! I would prefer getting a little closer to home.
;)
Kelly

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
kelly said:
Kelly

Right now the expected date is the end of July . . . my skipper told me earlier that there was a slot they could slide if noone put it first, but that was when I was supposed to wing the end of June. So who knows now? Keeping fingers crossed I do good at the boat.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Speaking of Whidbey ... 4 Oregon ANG F-15's --- REDHAWKS --- came in there Thursday (Friday?) and are still there .... X-Country (?) .... I don't think so.
They came in super-slow ... a basic nice 4-plane ... did the normal AF "falling-leaf" break ... don't think they were taxed too much ... :)

That's gotta be a first for a long, long time. Sooooooooo .... what's goin' on ... ??? :)

D1h63s.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ Probably there to support a BFMC training period - annual requirement for Prowler aircrews. PM if interested in the details.

Brett

GoLSU94

Don't take the Bonus.
^^ Probably there to support a BFMC training period - annual requirement for Prowler aircrews. PM if interested in the details.

Brett

Yeah we were going to BFM with them then decided that we are already asking too much of maint and crew to have to work on weekends.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Yeah we were going to BFM with them....
Prowler v F-15 (B)Eagle :D ??? In BFM ???:D BFM ??? :DBFM ??? :D

STOP !!! You're killing me !!! Remember ... I KNOW how the A-6/EA-6 ... "ACM"s" .... :D

Soooooooooo .... ??? Is one of the EA-6 missions now ... how to be a better "target" ??? :)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Prowler v F-15 (B)Eagle :D ??? In BFM ???:D BFM ??? :DBFM ??? :D

STOP !!! You're killing me !!! Remember ... I KNOW how the A-6/EA-6 ... "ACM"s" .... :D

Soooooooooo .... ??? Is one of the EA-6 missions now ... how to be a better "target" ??? :)

More like, how to be a better non-cooperative target. :D

Brett