• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speeding Ticket

Im working on putting a packet together for Navy OCS through the BDCP program.

I got a speeding ticket around 3.5 years ago and another early this year(February I think). Will I need to get waivers for either of these? They were both 15 over.

Also, is there a limit to the number of waivers any one person can get?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
For a plain old regular garden-variety speeding ticket: Not an issue. Period. I got a ticket for like 10-over during primary. I don't even remember if I told my CoC or not. It's really not an issue unless you've got a ton of em or they're serious (20+ over/reckless driving, multiple offenses/driving restrictions etc).

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Yeah concur....I had like 6 tickets on my record when I commissioned, no problem there wrt the Navy. They were all run of the mill speeding tickets though, nothing crazy.

Bevo16

pilot
You might want to get some more tickets.

If your package indicates an anal-retentive compulsion to always follow every rule and suggests a speed aversion, they will probably try to make you into a nuke.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Best post of the day...so far

you might want to get some more tickets.

if your package indicates an anal-retentive compulsion to always follow every rule and suggests a speed aversion, they will probably try to make you into a nuke.

lmao

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
you got a ticket for going 140? it wasnt an arrest?

Ya, I always thought that more than 30+ over the speed limit wasn't a ticket so much as it was a crack to the head with the cop's nightstick followed by an arrest for a slew of charges.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ya, I always thought that more than 30+ over the speed limit wasn't a ticket so much as it was a crack to the head with the cop's nightstick followed by an arrest for a slew of charges.

Like driving with the intent to kill.....yourself

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
you got a ticket for going 140? it wasnt an arrest?

No. I think most of us have made less-than-stellar decisions when we were younger. I was driving home on I10 from FSU on summer break I believe and a 2003 Mustang Cobra pulled up next to me. He honked three times and we both hit it. Half a minute later or so once I had slowed back down to the speed limit I noticed the cop behind me. He pulled both of us over and cited us for "Speeds in excess of 100 mph" and "Racing or a contest of speed." The first was $199.95 and the second was $99.95. He did state that he could take us to jail however.

I went to court about a month later and when the judge found out I was going to be in the military he waived the fines.

Needless to say I did learn my lesson.

Its ok to make mistakes, provided no one gets hurt, as long as you learn from them and act accordingly.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I went to court about a month later and when the judge found out I was going to be in the military he waived the fines.

Wow, that is kind of pushing it....

Anyway, that is surprising to hear you didn't go to jail. I had always thought either you got arrested, or they just didn't even write the ticket for that sort of thing. That kind of thing would definitely NOT work here though.....my friend recently got a ticket for 4 over the posted limit (of 65)....South TX cops do not mess around.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Wow, that is kind of pushing it....

Its not as if I waived it in front of him. He said that I'd have to take a driving safety course within 30 days in addition to the fines and I asked him if I could prolong that date. He inquired as to why I needed extra time and I told him that I was leaving for Army LDAC the following morning and would be essentially unavailable for the next two months.