• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speeding Ticket

jdnew

Having been in a few chases, I say don't be a jerk and put innocent people's lives in danger just cause you don't want a ticket. Police don't have to catch you, many times its enough just to be able to read you plate. You'll get a knock on you door tomorrow.

But, in regards to the original question, correct me if I am wrong, but I believe on one of the forms you fill out it says, "other than minor traffic violations." If this assures you even more.

Cleonard19

Contributor
Sure, the HiPo stop chasing at 100, but There's those pesky Motorola's and forward mounted cameras. Can't imagine what those are for.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!
So you're saying that from a stop, in a mere 6 seconds, I can by default have the cops stop chase?

I'm joking, of course. God knows I have to jump through enough hoops to simply ride the damn thing. :icon_rage

Dallas PD got some bad publicity because of some chases that went bad & bystanders were killed. As a result the Dallas PD stops pursuit at certain speeds if the suspect is not suspected of committing a violent crime. Those rules don't apply to the Highway Patrol.

EM1

Forsan et haec olim meminisse iuvabit
This all reminds me of a trip we took to Jacksonville when I was in Kings Bay. We were headed over to the Regency Square Mall stuck in stop and go traffic on Monument Rd. A guy tried to make a left turn in front of me, and instead of letting him in, I gunned it and flipped him off (my head turned to the left the whole time, making unbroken eye contact with him).

When I thought I'd said (or extended) my peace, I looked forward to see the brake lights of the car in front of me -right in front of me-. It was too late, and I ended up hitting the guy at about 20 mph. My wife was yelling at me the whole time, I tuned her out and just figured she was mad I was giving the guy the bird.

Got cited for careless driving (thank God it wasn't worse) and got it knocked down by taking a driving class online.

To this day I'm jealous of the experiance the guy I flipped off got to have. I think I'd pay to see someone flip me off in traffic and rear end the car in front of them.

Good luck with your tickets, based on what I've seen here, I think you'll be OK.

rare21

pilot
Contributor
Dallas PD may or may not have that policy but their chief is stepping down I believe so it may change. Either way if you hit a hundred mph and DPD stops chasing there's gonna be a Texas Trooper or Tarrant County Constable right behind them that are willing to shoot out your tires. I've chased a car from the border to the outskirts of Kingsville until they ran out of gas. I'm sure my speedometer said more than 100 mph quite a few times. Dont try your luck down here! But of course we're the "assholes" that are just trying to save your young ass from being splatter later down the road....oh the pictures I could show of spectacular collisions...but cant.