• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Speeding Ticket

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Its not as if I waived it in front of him. He said that I'd have to take a driving safety course within 30 days in addition to the fines and I asked him if I could prolong that date. He inquired as to why I needed extra time and I told him that I was leaving for Army LDAC the following morning and would be essentially unavailable for the next two months.

I meant more in terms of the judge rather than you

BUDU

I had a ticket for 19 over and shortly afterward, a suspended license...which I was unaware of at the time. Then I went onto base to swear in, they ran my ID, and I got a ticket for driving on a suspended license. I'm still here and getting paid, so...

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
In most jurisdictions you can be arrested for almost any traffic offense, if the officer really wants to deal with the paperwork and the headaches associated with locking someone up for speeding. Tickets are given in lieu of arrest.

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Funny shit...just remembered...~1967, northbound on Rt 99, returning to Lemoore from San Diego after an official USN trip...wife's aboard, in our new GTO.

"Chips" nails me...maybe ten MPH over...stands there with my license & reg...nicely begins questioning me re USN, home base, pilot, what'd I fly. Turns out he was a former scooter driver at NLC...discussed squadrons, tours, etc.

After a few minutes of this crap, he presents me with my ticket...and says "Have A Nice Day".

F'ing Asshole!!

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
After a few minutes of this crap, he presents me with my ticket...and says "Have A Nice Day".

F'ing Asshole!!

That is complete and utter bullshit. I've been pulled over countless times for speeding (usually when driving cross country to next duty station) and always let out of it.

My recipe for always getting out of a ticket is being completely respectable, and gently caressing the ego of said police officer

Typical exchange:

Cop: I clocked you at going 72 mph in a 60 mph zone. Any reason you were going that fast?
Me: There's no good reason for speeding sir. My fault. I shouldn't have been going that fast.
Cop: Where are you going?
Me: I'm just moving to my next duty station sir.
Cop: You're military?
Me: Yes sir, active duty.
Cop: OK, well thanks for your service and keep your speed down for me.
Me: Yes sir, thanks for the warning.

I did have one instance of a retired marine giving me a ticket. He asked if I was in the military, I said yes, and he said he was going to ticket me a ticket because as an officer 'I had the discipline and the brains to know better than to speed'.

Asshole.

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
.....my friend recently got a ticket for 4 over the posted limit (of 65)....South TX cops do not mess around.

Depends on where you are. I know in Dallas they stop chasing you after you hit 100 mph. I guess they figure it's better to let you get away then to have to smash into something and kill someone.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I know is Dallas they stop chasing you after you hit 100 mph. I guess they figure it's better to let you get away then to have to smash into something and kill someone.

So as long as i'm going over 100mph i'm in the clear? Outstanding, i'll have to try that next time i'm in that neck of the woods....:D

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Depends on where you are. I know is Dallas they stop chasing you after you hit 100 mph. I guess they figure it's better to let you get away then to have to smash into something and kill someone.

So you're saying that from a stop, in a mere 6 seconds, I can by default have the cops stop chase?

I'm joking, of course. God knows I have to jump through enough hoops to simply ride the damn thing. :icon_rage

Pepe

pilot
Had a couple of buddies that would do it all the time. They'd line up on the highway and slow down to 30 mph. Block all the traffic from behind and allowing for a couple of miles to free highway ahead. Two dudes would get out front and race it out. Of course the cops would get called, and they'd come in force. All they'd do is punch it and get over 100 mph and the cops would have to break off the pursuit. Just hold 130 for 2-3 miles then get off the highway and double back on the service road. Easy day.

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
Had a couple of buddies that would do it all the time. They'd line up on the highway and slow down to 30 mph. Block all the traffic from behind and allowing for a couple of miles to free highway ahead.

Ahhh.. so these are the types of fucksticks that cause me delay when I'm responding to an emergency. Another fine example of today's youth thinking solely about themselves and not a care about the rest of the world. That is until it's one of their family at the bottom of a river drowning... then they wonder what took me so long to get there. :icon_rage I swear to God people don't have a bit of common sense these days. When I'm in the fast lane, with my 4 way flashers on, flashing high beams, and they still pace the guy in the slow lane... kills me.

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
Just hold 130 for 2-3 miles then get off the highway and double back on the service road. Easy day.

And now that you've given such great advice on how to possibly kill someone else... lets hear your remedy for... let's say a right front tire blow out at that speed. Ugh... again... read what's under my name.

Pepe

pilot
And now that you've given such great advice on how to possibly kill someone else... lets hear your remedy for... let's say a right front tire blow out at that speed. Ugh... again... read what's under my name.

Oh no, there is no remedy for it. At least that I know of. And I'm not saying it's a good idea. Just sharing my experiences. :D