• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Stupid questions about Naval Aviation (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTUalumn07

Question:

I was wondering how the assignment of planes works. Do the higher ranks like Cpt. get their own jet, while others just share?

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Totally. It's just like a company car. You can also paint it how you like. I'm geting some trick old-school Cali Kid hot rod flames on mine when I become CAG.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yup, mine is gonna look awesome - The paintjob is going to look like the Memphis Belle. Exactly like the Memphis Belle.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yeah, paint it up any way you want.

Also, "gullibility" has been removed from the dictionary.

EDIT: Okay, okay. This is the stupid questions thread.

No, you don't "get your own plane" when you're the CAG. You fly whatever plane Maintainance gives you that day, no matter what rank you are. The names on the side of the plane are just for feel-good purposes.

CAG does get his name on a plane from each squadron, and the "CAG bird" is usually the one brightly-painted plane. But the squadron decides how to paint it, and CAG doesn't always fly it.

TTUalumn07

Yeah, paint it up any way you want.

Also, "gullibility" has been removed from the dictionary.

EDIT: Okay, okay. This is the stupid questions thread.

No, you don't "get your own plane" when you're the CAG. You fly whatever plane Maintainance gives you that day, no matter what rank you are. The names on the side of the plane are just for feel-good purposes.

CAG does get his name on a plane from each squadron, and the "CAG bird" is usually the one brightly-painted plane. But the squadron decides how to paint it, and CAG doesn't always fly it.

Thanks man...that's what I was getting at...the whole name on the side.

Some ghost flames might look cool ;)

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
Yup, mine is gonna look awesome - The paintjob is going to look like the Memphis Belle. Exactly like the Memphis Belle.

Haha. . .I can see the reactions of the Diversity Bullies, now. . .

wtf_cat.jpg.w300h371_HeOTTJstzM5Z.jpg

Actually, I bet they'd just make you put that Hasselhoff picture from that other thread on one side, to even things out. Equal opportunity, and all.

nugget61

pilot
The names on the side of the plane are just for feel-good purposes.

Do they at least try and hook you up with the plane with your name on it? Seems kinda dumb to have names on the birds if you don't get 'yours' kinda often. Thats like using someone else's coffee mug!

Status
Not open for further replies.