• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Super Hornet Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes... keep the different recockulous stories in their respective threads

TANGO 1

Contributor
well they also park aircraft underneath as well. If the pilot was coming down for a trap, i don't see how it will jeopardize the flight deck. The pilot is flying the damn thing into a net and then shuts down.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
The whole system is infected with the 'stupid F-16 on a carrier virus" and Norton is powerless to stop it disconect now or your whole computer will be infected with outlandish stories

FlyingDoc

skidkid said:
The whole system is infected with the 'stupid F-16 on a carrier virus" and Norton is powerless to stop it disconect now or your whole computer will be infected with outlandish stories

Hehehehehe.... yeah, isn't this thread about Super Hornets? How about them?

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
question - do air force pilots wear all the same gear as the Navy pilots do in case they have to eject over water? If not, then why would they risk going out to sea and doing something that has a chance of them ejecting over water?

TANGO 1

Contributor
yeap,
I mean they all wear g-suits and then there is this thing they wear underneath the flight suit during the cold weather, i don't know what it is called, but i am sure somebody here know what it is called. But basically they all wear similar gear. There might be a few differences, but probably no much.

R

RickyDT34

Punk said:
ever hear the saying, "you can turn a navy plane into an air force plane but not the other way around"

....and staying off the subject of Extra/F***ed hornets, here is a picture of the YF 17 Cobra designed specifically for the Air Force.

Attachments

• yf-17_1.jpg
    yf-17_1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 61

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
the -16 and yf-17 were supposed to compete with each other for both navy and air force use. the air force said they liked the -16 better and bought them. the navy said they liked the yf-17, had the landing gear modified, front end, etc, and bought them. same deal with the f-22/JSF. one was supposed to be the winner and both services were to buy them. again, the af liked the f-22, and the navy liked the JSF idea. Go figure.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
VetteMuscle427 said:
that YF-23 looked nice.... like a bat almost

the YF-23 rocked, but then again, when did the gov't ever make good decisions

PS: I'm not knocking the F-22 in anyway, shape, or form, I was just routing for the -23

Status
Not open for further replies.