• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

T-2

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
till they come up with a FO who can make the prop-to-jet leap w/o an intermediate babyjet. :)

brd2881

Bon Scott Lives
pilot
I know they have some T-45s slotted to replace the T-2s, probably in the next few years....it was covered in some brief during a safety standdown in Kingsville a couple months ago. They will get Charlie models with some mods probably for the radar type work or whatever the advanced FOs do, again, what was said in that brief.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
T-2s are no longer used for pilot training. The last T-2 class has either all winged or only have a couple stragglers left in the T-45.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
the last T-2/T-45 strike guys finished on the July boat, so there should be none left in aviator land, now in NFOdom, that's a different story

Boeing gave a presentation about the T-45 for the next 10 years, and they talked about virtual radar and some other crap that would be used to train strike FO's, but that's ATLEAST 5 years out

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There are like 3 T-2 studs left in VT-7. They'll be done shortly.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Punk said:
the last T-2/T-45 strike guys finished on the July boat, so there should be none left in aviator land, now in NFOdom, that's a different story

Boeing gave a presentation about the T-45 for the next 10 years, and they talked about virtual radar and some other crap that would be used to train strike FO's, but that's ATLEAST 5 years out
T-2 doesn't have a radar anyway. All the NFO radar training is done in T-39s (last I checked anyway).

Brett

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Fly Navy said:
There are like 3 T-2 studs left in VT-7. They'll be done shortly.

ahha, those guys I ran into on the boat lied to me those liars :p

Brett, I know about the T-39, but this was something that Boeing plans to add down the line. They want to simulate both A/A and A/G radar modes in the T-45. Obviously this is for both SNA and SNFO. If it actually happens (gets funding) or if it works within the next 5 years is something else entirely.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Punk said:
ahha, those guys I ran into on the boat lied to me those liars :p

Brett, I know about the T-39, but this was something that Boeing plans to add down the line. They want to simulate both A/A and A/G radar modes in the T-45. Obviously this is for both SNA and SNFO. If it actually happens (gets funding) or if it works within the next 5 years is something else entirely.

They are already boat qual'd I believe, just have ACM to finish up. Happens a lot here in Meridian, go CQ before ACM complete.

Yep, Boeing wants to actually add a radar to the T-45C. Saw it in a brief given by Boeing. Also want to upgrade the MFDs to color capable.

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
Fly Navy said:
They are already boat qual'd I believe, just have ACM to finish up. Happens a lot here in Meridian, go CQ before ACM complete.

Yep, Boeing wants to actually add a radar to the T-45C. Saw it in a brief given by Boeing. Also want to upgrade the MFDs to color capable.

ahha, makes sense, I was CQ complete before ACM too, it happens

yeah, probably had the same brief, good luck Boeing

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Mefesto said:
and put some money into getting the on-line schedule actually working for once. DAMN!
:icon_mi_6 Now don't you think that's asking a little too much? Same in K-rock.