• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thanks Air Warriors!! You guys helped me and didn't even know it.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Ok you lost me... are you saying that helo advanced is part of my curriculum immediately following primary? Something i must have looked over.

Rass,

Everyone goes to helo advanced after primary. If you are good enough you get to keep flying helos. If not, they force you to fly props, jets, E2/C2 or, god forbid, E-6s.

Good luck!

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I will let someone else explain...

Honestly though, good luck to you.

Rass

Rass,

Everyone goes to helo advanced after primary. If you are good enough you get to keep flying helos. If not, they force you to fly props, jets, E2/C2 or, god forbid, E-6s.

Good luck!

Ahh, that makes more sense. Well, at the moment i cant help but to think that the f/a 18 or the f 35 L2 will suit me most.

Now if you tell me that helo pilots instantly get a Lambo to drive around the streets with a gift certificate to best buy worth 10k in the passenger seat... then im sure i can change my desires :tongue2_1

Somehow i think i may be grosely wrong on that last statement. :(

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Ahh, that makes more sense. Well, at the moment i cant help but to think that the f/a 18 or the f 35 L2 will suit me most.

Now if you tell me that helo pilots instantly get a Lambo to drive around the streets with a gift certificate to best buy worth 10k in the passenger seat... then im sure i can change my desires :tongue2_1

Somehow i think i may be grosely wrong on that last statement. :(

You started off well, and then started digging, toss the shovel away.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor

If you go SWO you have the chance of getting about $75,000:icon_smil

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No worrying here! The "ha'ole" just politely did what i asked him to do :D.

Correction: that would be MEAN OL' HA'OLE MAN not just any Ha'ole

And nice job using the site to excel!

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Seriously, helos rock. Jets are cool, until they need a ride home before they have to put to use that ol' SERE or swim training....

Congrats!

.. I see props or rotors in your future... ;)

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Congrats man, I just wanted to add my thanks to Air Warriors as well; as I have been reading and lurking for a year or two now. Over the past few months I have been posting while I was preparing my package for BDCP. AW helped calm my fears and educate me better than ANY other resource.

Last month I swore in for BDCP Pilot and got paid for the first time on the 15th of MAY. My birthday was the 18th so I consider it my present.

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone on here for asking the questions I didn't, sharing their knowledge, and answering my questions no matter how redundant or trivial. I will be here posting, and trying to help others the way I was helped for a long time.

Rass

Congrats man, I just wanted to add my thanks to Air Warriors as well; as I have been reading and lurking for a year or two now. Over the past few months I have been posting while I was preparing my package for BDCP. AW helped calm my fears and educate me better than ANY other resource.

Last month I swore in for BDCP Pilot and got paid for the first time on the 15th of MAY. My birthday was the 18th so I consider it my present.

A BIG THANK YOU to everyone on here for asking the questions I didn't, sharing their knowledge, and answering my questions no matter how redundant or trivial. I will be here posting, and trying to help others the way I was helped for a long time.

Oh yea?! Whats your graduation date and University that you attend?

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Congrats!

oconnorb

Thank you Air Warriors!!! but there is just one thing?

I recently took the ASTB my first time and scored 8/9/8 75 and getting my package together for BDCP. I was originally thinking about applying for BUD'S, but it is not offered as an option for BDCP. Now, I really want to get in aviation. Thanks in large to the Air Warriors forum. Here is my problem, I am 76.5 inches tall... I have never wanted to loose 5-6 inches in height this bad in my life!! I will be graduating in a year with my bachelors in physics and right now my GPA is at 3.79 +-0.02. My question for all of you that would be kind enough to give me some foresight is what are my realistic chances of getting into a fixed-wing fighter, or attack helicopter? I know it depends on my anthros, but has anyone my height ever piloted that type of aircraft? I have been told
Sounds like another candidate for P-3's and a callsign of "Tree"...
I would greatly appreciate your honesty and guidance! Thanks again to all you guys that have assisted me to this point. I aquired more resources and knowledge from this forum of what I should know before taking the ASTB than anywhere else!

Aloha,
O