• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Thanks Air Warriors!! You guys helped me and didn't even know it.

jl08

pilot
I'm 74 inches tall and my XO in an F/A 18 squadron was at least two inches taller than me. I'm not sure what the instruction says but he didn't seem to have a problem flying jets.

Rass

Wow,
Thats a pretty high score you got there. Way to go.

Im just starting the process as well, but what i have heard are that there are waivers for everything. My Sunday school teacher was one of the only people in the nation to get accepted as a National Guard Aviator with lasik eye surgury ... plus he was 31 when he joined up, so that just shows you that rules can be bent with waivers.

One thing that may not be bent is physics :( The taller a person is, then the farther away his heart is from his brain, thus the harder his heart has to push to get the blood up there to supply O2. Now this isnt to say that you are GOING to pass out on a 7 g turn in a f/a-18, but it does say that you are much more llikely to do so than sombody at 6ft or under.

I say this not to deter you or piss you off, but to educate you. Thats what this site is for!

With all that said, keep trucking, see what happens, and remember: there are waivers for everything.

Hopefully you and i will make it through and get too meet up one day. Im 5'6" and with you being 6'4" we would look pretty funny standing next to each other having a chat. :)

MasterBates

I'm 6'4". Used to be 6'5" but "got shorter" due to either one really hard landing or maybe them just adding up.

Anyways, your anthros are what may limit you, I have long Butt-Knee length and I got NPQ'd from flying jets while I was flying them. I got a waiver, but I was also a winged aviator already.

And while the "physics" of being a tall guy affect G-tolerance, I think individual physiology plays more of a factor. When I was 275# and lifting a lot of weights, I could just sit there and carry on a conversation at 5-6g without any "hook" manuver. When I was 215# and training for a marathon 6 years before that, the world started getting smaller-grayer at 4g.

oconnorb

Thanks for all the useful information guys. "So your telling me theres a chance."

Hopefully you and i will make it through and get too meet up one day. Im 5'6" and with you being 6'4" we would look pretty funny standing next to each other having a chat. :)

HAHA I am looking forward to it! :D

Afterburner209

Good muster guys.
Thank you. I graduate next spring and have my official ready to commence officer training as July 2010. Im not sure what my exact date is but hopefully as soon as I graduate I can start. I've been waiting a while to get over there and get my ass kicked.

I go to Cal State Monterey Bay, or CSUMB.

Rass

Thank you. I graduate next spring and have my official ready to commence officer training as July 2010. Im not sure what my exact date is but hopefully as soon as I graduate I can start. I've been waiting a while to get over there and get my ass kicked.

I go to Cal State Monterey Bay, or CSUMB.

Right on. I go to UAB in Alabama.

Here come the redneck jokes.......

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I just got done looking through that. I don't even remember some of the things I said.