• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkiBum66

High elevation dweller
IMG_9575-XL.jpg

Coota0

None
US Army with an N-number? What's up with that?
The Army contracts out to a company called LSI for primary flight training and maintenance, so you have a helicopter that says US Army but has a civilian tail number on it. You don't get Army flight instructors until you move on to advanced aircraft or in some cases for a check ride in primary.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Yep…pretty cool. Probably 90% of Naval Aviation is the "cool shit you get to see and do". This is a GREAT example…and a nice pic. :)

Is that a sonobuoy splash at about 8 o'clock…or a missed harpoon throw?
Awesome pic, but I guarantee that shark was at least 25 feet. Those things are huge!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Excellent pics! I 100% know you are in El Centro...nice job!

I was going to ask if that was El Centro. Two of them were flying over the rest area on the -8 as I was getting into my car to continue my PCS journey. It was a pretty stormy sky they were flying towards, but they looked sharp.

jmcquate

Contributor
Hopefully a noise complaint isn't to follow.
Them Dolphins are whisper quiet. Much better on a Saturday morning than the Homeland 60s buzzing my place in Old Town before the Coast Guard took over the mission in DC airspace.

Status
Not open for further replies.