• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery...part DEUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
T45takeoff.jpg

AE606 photo

Which aircraft are you flying Bunk?

I was only along to take pics lol I'm in the rear seat of Dash-2, 316.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You must have done something right to get an incentive ride during an airshow. :)

Wing guy, asked Radio if he would mind if I rode along, take pics. I wanted to see how it went to so if I end up flying one but then again, only lead needs to know how as the rest of em just hang on.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Back in my day, the CO could authorize a non-pilot/enlisted to fly in the back seat of a 2-seat jet, provided they were physiologically qualified (for jets, altitude chamber & "OMIAS" card for ejection seat trainer). If an incident/accident happened to occur, there would be no need to justify the presence of the authorized non-pilot passenger to the mishap board. Justifying other actions which may have contributed to an incident/mishap, is another matter.
BzB

BzB, I think what Helolumpy was getting at is that if the mission is to give the incentive ride, it's not a big deal (CO depending, of course). But if the mission is to do something else other than just the incentive ride, it's not authorized...at least in the helo community.

Now if they're in the back, somewhat different story.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
First time I've ever noticed what strange landing gear the T-45 has, especially the mains.

Status
Not open for further replies.