• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I don't think I ever got an answer from the guys at the weapons school at Oceana if the teeth meant the same thing it does (used to) in the TRACOM. Sadly, that tradition is not currently being upheld by the current contractor, for whatever reason. I know the individual worker bees are still all for it.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Here's the T-34 at Pax River back in '06.

Quality is not that great because the original is on a disk at home.

Attachments

• T-34.jpg
    T-34.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 247

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
T-34C assigned to Strike Fighter Weapons School Atlantic bares it teeth

HJ Photo
Is that the same T-34 that used to belong to VF-101? If so, I may have hours in it as a mid . . .

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that the same T-34 that used to belong to VF-101? If so, I may have hours in it as a mid . . .

Actually, they have a handful (all with Sharkmouths...maybe tradition is different at NTU). You'd have to look at BUNOs to be sure.

TurboSharks.jpg

These two were on flightline with 4 more inside the SFWSL fence and hangar

HJ Photo

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lonely Prowlers at Fallon

The rest of CVW-8 and VFA-106 departed early leaving forlorn Prowlers

Prowlers.jpg

HJ Photo

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 14 July 2008

107Closeup.jpg

Okay, I couldn't stay away for long, thanks to the WiFi at the RV park in British Columbia.

VF-301 F-4S circa 1983. Mt. San Jacinto in the background (the mountain just west of Palm Springs). Pilot is wearing a VTAS (Visual Target Acquisition System) helmet.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks... it might be Bob "Mouse" Shaw of ACM book author fame... I think he was about the only pilot that flew with the helmet.

"Geno" Garrett kept his from Phantom days in his office as Commodore. The AIM/ACEVAL Tomcats all flew with VTAS for the JT&E and also had several advanced AAM concept seekers that could couple to the helmet cueing system laying groundwork for Soviets to copy it for their MiG-29 less than a decade later. Took US much longer to quit bickering over Sidewinder replacement and a HMCS to cue it (Soviets thereby took lead in SRM technology for first time in 1985 and kept it until 2003).

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Rafale at NAS Oceana

The French Navy is currently operating their Rafales out of NAS Oceana in preparation of embarking aboard TR with CVW-8. Here's some shots from today....

Rafalehead-on.jpg

RafleLL.jpg

RafaleOrdie.jpg

Rafales.jpg

E-2Rafale.jpg

Rafalepair.jpg

HJ Photos

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Apparently the French have cornered the market on cobalt blue fabric for their pants.

Cobalt_Blue_Pigment.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.