• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Great, Constantly Changing Picture Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

LazersGoPEWPEW

4500rpm
Contributor
Visitor to Oceana

C-2Greyhound.jpg

Saw THAT exact aircraft at PNS today. Was sitting there for a few days and left today.

brownshoe

Contributor
heyjoe... those are some great photos. You're lucky... you still work around the stuff... Me I live vicariously through photos like yours.

Thanks, Dave. Again, great everyday naval aviation. Love it!

Steve

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
heyjoe... those are some great photos. You're lucky... you still work around the stuff... Me I live vicariously through photos like yours.

Thanks, Dave. Again, great everyday naval aviation. Love it!

Steve

My pleasure. Here's some more then...enjoy life, even if it's vicarous!

On final Kaneohe a week ago

P3onfinal.jpg

Army UH-1 just passing through Oceana

UH-1.jpg

Air Force E-3 Sentry visit to Fallon

AWACS.jpg

VFC-111 visit to Fallon

IMG_2190.jpg

Black Knight at Fallon

IMG_2180.jpg

Prowler lineup at Fallon
IMG_2175.jpg

What Fallon is all about (for those hefting iron)

IMG_2157.jpg

HJ Photos

Old R.O.

Professional No-Load
None
Contributor
Old R.O. Picture of the Day for 12 Oct 2008

S3DM.jpg

Sign of the times. S-3Bs and an E-2C in storage at Davis-Monthan AFB last week.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Kingsville Tower from the workin' side of the glass house ... complete w/ 5 average white guys and one jive controller ... AND as a special bonus: the Final Countdown time-warp skyline in the background ...

I thought I was gonna' DIE after climbing THAT particular stairway to Heaven ... :D

texas063rc5.jpg

photo by A4sForever

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Glad to see some more P-3s.

OK, here you go then; P-3C flightline at Kaneohe last weekend

KaneoheP-3Flightline.jpg

And another one for Dev from the location we do not speak of in his presence

Kaneohe60.jpg

160th SOAR counterpart over Oceana in Sept

MH-60.jpg

TOPGUN Viper returning to line last week

GrayViper.jpg

Discovered on Oceana transient line in Sept. Anyone know what it is.....???

ATACA-4.jpg

HJ Photos

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is that an ACMI pod and a blue tube Mav on the wing stations?

LOL, you're dating yourself. It's a TACTS pod (ACMI* = orginal USAF designation; ACMR* = initial Navy designation that later changed to TACTS to drop the connotation that it was for Air Combat Maneuvering only).

ACMI - Air Combat Maneuvering Instrumentation (Range and Pod introduced at Nellis AFB)
ACMR - Air Combat Maneuvering Range (Range and Pod introduced at Yuma; then Oceana)

Note: Mumble's grandfather started all this with his epic report on effectiveness (rather lack thereof) of air-to-air missiles and employment of same by aircrews from 1964-68 over skies of North Vietnam. His no-holds barred report is often referred to by his name (Ault Report) even though that was not the official title due to its far reaching impact. The so-called Ault Report resulted in creation of TOPGUN (and dedicated Adversary units) and development of the ACMR as well as revamping of maintenance training and procedures. The results were exponential increase in exchange ratio when aerial combat renewed in 1972 whereas USAF exchange ratio did not improve noticeably (in fact, it was stagnant until they noticed Navy performance and asked for assistance and introduced a crash syllabus in DACT a la Navy style).

stalk

Lobster's Pop
pilot
LOL, you're dating yourself. It's a TACTS pod (ACMI* = orginal USAF designation; ACMR* = initial Navy designation that later changed to TACTS to drop the connotation that it was for Air Combat Maneuvering only)...

Fair enough...I just never saw one on a P-3. We used internal TACTS on the Lot 13 and above but now that I think of it probably carried the orange pod on the Lot 7-9 A's. I guess that is where I got the ACMI term.

BlackBart

Phormer Phantom Phlyer Phenom
Hey guys,

Just passed RLP this morning here at OCS. I'll have to say that and coming here and seeing some of these pics is refilling the moto tank right back up. Should be graduating and heading down to Pcola December 5th. Can't wait to get started!

-Mr. Blonde

You're going to KNPA in December to start? And you need more motivation?

Status
Not open for further replies.