• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Kilo: CH-53K is official! USMC HLR

cfam

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What are the chances of the Navy getting some kilos? One of my instructors was a 53 pilot, and he was telling me that they have the MH-53s in the gulf flying log hits as a stopgap because there's nothing else with the lift capability.

phrogpilot73

What are the chances of the Navy getting some kilos? One of my instructors was a 53 pilot, and he was telling me that they have the MH-53s in the gulf flying log hits as a stopgap because there's nothing else with the lift capability.
The resident 53K contractor will go ahead and answer this one... No plan for it yet. This is strictly a USMC program (yes, I know the Navy's picking up the tab). There has been some discussion during TIMs and what not - the engineers are thinking about it, but Big Navy hasn't bought off on it yet.

S.O.B.

pilot
The resident 53K contractor will go ahead and answer this one... No plan for it yet. This is strictly a USMC program (yes, I know the Navy's picking up the tab). There has been some discussion during TIMs and what not - the engineers are thinking about it, but Big Navy hasn't bought off on it yet.

Has anyone heard if the Navy plans on getting Ks? I know the Sierra is looking to take over AMCM but you would think we'll still need heavy lift.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Has anyone heard if the Navy plans on getting Ks? I know the Sierra is looking to take over AMCM but you would think we'll still need heavy lift.

Wait, did you just ask the question that was answered in the post that you quoted? Or am I reading it wrong?

Dstar

pilot
The answer to the engine question is 3 GE G38 engines putting out 7500 shp a piece. Taking Big Iron to the next level.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Looking at Dstar's post history, I think he's a Sikorsky salesman working deep cover in the Marine Corps! :)