• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

The Monster COD thread (homage to the C-2A Greyhound)

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Nope, it stands for this:
JaguarXJ220.jpg

My COD knowledge is fast fading but the wing lock lever is on the right side, next to the parking/emergency brake. The pic of the COD's on the flightline at North Island just brought back many memories. It was ans still is an ugly airplane. God love it :)

Wow, it's been about 35 YEARS since I was a E2 plane captain/airframes troubleshooter! Very sophisticated airframe and hydraulic system for such a lead sled. We often borrowed main mounts and even nose gear I think from the A6 squadron and vice versa.
The "lock cylinders" did sometimes leak but overall not a bad subsystem. Lots of sequence valves on that bird that needed to be in time with one another. Aileron actuator was a pain in the ass to change, elevator not near as bad. Oh yeah, those flaps with their stinking acme nuts, THAT and the WEIRD inboard vert stab that always went one way no matter I don't miss! I think the engineer who came up with some of the crap did himself in, saved some poor bubble chaser the trouble! :eek:

Never knew that, wow. So EA-6B's main and possibly nose gear should swap too eh? :D

Can't say, we had E 2B's (VAW 123) and A 6A's (VA 75) on board but if the airframes are the same, probably so. Grubbie DID a lot of interchangeability on those two. Almost to the point that the Intruder was our sister squadron swap shop on the airframes end, we did same for them.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....We often borrowed main mounts and even nose gear I think from the A6 squadron and vice versa.....
Uhhhhhhh .... I ain't from Missouri, but I've got to be shown THAT one. I think I'll check with the Grummie rep tomorrow, if he's in ....

.... or do you mean tires???

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm with you A4s, I think he might mean the tires.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Will chime in that the ICS panels in the Prowler and E-2 must be the same . . . I flew in a jet awhile back that, instead of PLT and ECMO1/2/3, had placarded PLT, CP, CICO, RO, and whatever the other guy is back there . . .

Uhhhhhhh .... I ain't from Missouri, but I've got to be shown THAT one. I think I'll check with the Grummie rep tomorrow, if he's in ....

.... or do you mean tires???

Main mount = tires and wheels. Word of warning, I've known some reps who didn't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it came to the nuts and bolts.

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I always used mount ~= landing gear, strut, link and associated garbage.

But then I am weird.

"Main mount" is just knuckle dragger shorthand for main mount tires. I.E. "Hey AN schmuckatelli, go stick the mains and nose before the launch." Translation: "Go check the main mount and nose tires and ensure proper inflation and even tread ware before the aircrew walk out to preflight."