• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm............

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I remember this incident. I can't believe he made CAPT yet alone is now selected for a star. They should never have even let him stay in the reserves. Hopefully the Senate turns him down.

MasterBates

Oh, and his "Day Job" is the General Counsel for one of those borederline predatory businesses.

Seriously, how the fuck do geniuses like this get promoted, and COs get fired because AN Dicknose did something stupid?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, there's always at least three sides to each story and I don't know what the official findings were, but it's interesting to me that some of the most vocal opponents of the current "zero-defect" mentality are the same people who want to throw LTJG Dorsey and his whopping 245 hours of total flight time under the bus for this. An admittedly big fuck up, but he had plenty of help from the ship and his RIO on making that bad decision.

Brett

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

jmcquate

Contributor
Why would there be missles not of the blue stripe nature on board for a training exercise?

MasterBates

I don't like Zero-Defect, but shooting down a friendly jet is pretty high up there on the "oops" scale regardless of how you got there.

I do wonder how much dad being a Three Star has helped him get where he is.

Then there is the whole "he's a lawyer" thing.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Keep in mind he's a SELRES. It's not like it's that hard to make grade, and even easier if you're in a hardware unit.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Well, there's always at least three sides to each story and I don't know what the official findings were, but it's interesting to me that some of the most vocal opponents of the current "zero-defect" mentality are the same people who want to throw LTJG Dorsey and his whopping 245 hours of total flight time under the bus for this. An admittedly big fuck up, but he had plenty of help from the ship and his RIO on making that bad decision.

Brett

This has got excerpts from the JAG investigation. I'm one of the vocal opponents of the zero defect mentality you wrote of - and this is in its own league. Apples and big fucking oranges :oops:

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why would there be missles not of the blue stripe nature on board for a training exercise?

This incident was one of many that led to the "firebreaks" requirements for missile carriage.

We used to carry a lot of live stuff back in the day for training.
You just were assumed to be smart enough not to flip up the master arm guard go hot.

Criminal

God's personal hacky sack
pilot
Wow, almost makes me think I can get away with anything... oh damn, daddy doesn't have a star. I guess I will get fired eventually

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This has got excerpts from the JAG investigation. I'm one of the vocal opponents of the zero defect mentality you wrote of - and this is in its own league. Apples and big fucking oranges :oops:
Yeah, not much substance there that wasn't in the other linked documents. Again, I don't know how it went down and am by no means in this guys corner, but where's the outrage about big Navy just trying to CYA by blaming him for their lack of firebreak procedures (devil's advoc here)? Seems 180 out from the recent USCG mishap-related charges where many of you were sure that "Big CG" was engaging in CYA. The difference? He's a senior officer, he's a lawyer and his daddy was a big shot Admiral - I.E. he's "The Man."

If nothing else, an interesting (and all too predictable) statement on human perception.

Brett