• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Three Carrier Battle Groups for China?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
News reporting out of China reveal plans to out three, count 'em three, Carrier Battle Groups to sea within a decade. This might get interesting!
I am picturing 3 Chinese airwings worth of nuggets flying the Case 1 stack in the Taiwanese Straights. Brings new meaning to Chinese firedrill. :D

robav8r

None
Contributor
I'm wondering what it might be like to be a shooter on one of those technological marvels. Instead of saluting the pilot at final ready, maybe you just turn, face the cockpit, hands at your side and bend at the waist while grinning and squinting your eyes . . . . .

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Having flown the Taiwan Straits for the past 25 years and seen the ChiCom antics on a not infrequent basis ... sometimes the airlines had to fly up/down the east side of Taiwan due to problems, jamming, and missile-shoot threats .... I've always maintained they are the next "big" threat/enemy.

Despite the naysayers and "smart" guys and those who think the Chinese "need" us more that we "need" them ...... they -- the ChiComs -- don't think like us ... I'm standby after the 2008 Peking (no one ever ordered "Beijing" duck at a restaurant) for the "may your life be interesting" Chinese curse to take on more meaning .... :)

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Having flown the Taiwan Straits for the past 25 years and seen the ChiCom antics on a not infrequent basis ... sometimes the airlines had to fly up/down the east side of Taiwan due to problems, jamming, and missile-shoot threats .... I've always maintained they are the next "big" threat/enemy.

Despite the naysayers and "smart" guys and those who think the Chinese "need" us more that we "need" them ...... they -- the ChiComs -- don't think like us ... I'm standby after the 2008 Peking (no one ever ordered "Beijing" duck at a restaurant) for the "may your life be interesting" Chinese curse to take on more meaning .... :)
I'm dumping my Asian holdings after the Olympics....I don't want my IRA to finance their CV.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
After the 5 Ring Bejing Circus, I'll bet their growth rate will magically become unsustainable and will turn out to have been falsely reported. Things are going to get interesting.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
After the 5 Ring Bejing Circus, I'll bet their growth rate will magically become unsustainable and will turn out to have been falsely reported. Things are going to get interesting.
Could be ..... and what do dictatorships always do when things go downhill internally?? Fix the problem ... or???

Turn the proletariat's attentions outward???

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Could be ..... and what do dictatorships always do when things go downhill internally?? Fix the problem ... or???

Turn the proletariat's attentions outward???

Like say...the Falklands (or Malvinas if you prefer their term*) Conflict?

*La Guerra de Las Malvinas (1982)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
China has big plans and big ambitions.

Like this guy

team_america.jpg

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I'd say the greatest naval threat from the PLAN for the next 10-20 years will continue to be quiet AIP diesel electric subs, (Yuan, Kilo, and Song) armed with the mach 3 terminal manuvering SS-N-27 sizzler... which scares the living shit out of anyone who knows anything about it.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'd say the greatest naval threat from the PLAN for the next 10-20 years will continue to be quiet AIP diesel electric subs, (Yuan, Kilo, and Song) armed with the mach 3 terminal manuvering SS-N-27 sizzler... which scares the living shit out of anyone who knows anything about it.

They have other new, scary stuff that's not related to Submarines that could also impact Naval Warfare.