• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Threshold...Old Skool Blue Angels...

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Waiting for CAT to chime in ... waiting ... waiting ... wait for it, now ... wait for it ... :)

GRRRRRRRRRR!

Like airplanes, there are two kinds of dogs: Big useful hunting and retrieving dogs. And then there are those yappy, cute, and little poor-excuse-for-a-dog, dogs.

If you go to a dog show, all dogs - like airplanes - maybe can put on a good show. Big deal!

But people I associate with like big useful and impressive dogs (just like a well-trained, fire-breathing twin J-79 beast F-4 put'n out some smoke) to bag the enemy ducks and quail, rather than some little, quick and agile and impotent, but yippy single engine wimpy A-4. :D:D
:D

F-4 Kind of Dogs:

dogs1cc6.jpg

A very nice owner with a very wimpy, A-4 kind of dog: :D :D :D

hilaryduffandchihuahua1rs4.jpg

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thanks for posting that vid. It has been many years since I have seen "Threshold." It really was an impressive flick back in the day. I remember it was featured at the Smithsonian Air& Space Museum, and shown at the Ruben H. Fleet Theater for months.

As an aside, I was going to go to Lakehurst "that weekend" – the last one that ended the Blues flying F-4s. A year later, I chased the Blues when they had transitioned to A-4s.

The Blue Angel F-4 and A-4 air shows were entirely different. Each had their strong points and tradeoffs. But as A4s here loves the Blues in A4s, I so loved them in F-4s!

Unfortunately, here was an unusual F-4 crowd pleaser in CID that was later deleted from the vid:

1970ooopsincid1mi7.jpg

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
^ It didn't show Harley punching out of his F-4 during an airshow practice either....

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Please note the owner/babe that A4s gets "stuck" with .... :D

I want her to "own" me.

The defense rests.

Damn! I knew that was coming, as soon as I hit "submit". :eek:

And for that, (WOW!) I'd be any barkley dog she wanted! :) (tactics, and 'nibs' rule, my friend :D:D)

BTW, she wants me. :)

Ya think? Hey, I'm a dog lover. No?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Damn! I knew that was coming, as soon as I hit "submit". :eek:

And for that, (WOW!) I'd be any barkly dog! (tactics, and 'nibs' rule, my friend :D:D)

That's what she said .... :)

"And for that" ... why am I getting the irresistible urge to stuff that left rudder pedal to the stops and do a snap roll over the top ... ??? :D:D

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's what she said .... :)

"And for that" ... why am I getting the irresistible urge to stuff that left rudder pedal to the stops and do a snap roll over the top ... ??? :D:D

[Assuming you were ever remotely hoping for an offensive position, as far-fetched as that is to comprehend......]

Cuz ya know I've seen that tried many times before, and would counter.

With a better thrust-to-weight, I would top out above you, and leave you vulnerable (and begging for some unknown reason to "knock it off". :D:D )
Questions? :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Questions? :D

Questions ??? Just one, Bruddah ... :D

Whatcha' gonna' do now ... ??? :D

Now that we've BOTH seen the "real" version of this virtual pix many, many times w/a mask strapped to our face grunting .. grunting .... grunting .... now what ... ??? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

I weep for your F-4 soul. Assuming you have one. Beware the wiley BOGIE .... :D

Catmando

Keep your knots up.
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Questions ??? Just one, Bruddah ... :D

Whatcha' gonna' do now ... ??? :D

i can't believe it was just last week that I finally trashed that photoshopped image! Of course the original had the Fox-Four on the tail of the Scared-Scooter. But in those days, first guy to the blackboard wins.

I need to do a file recovery to prove the A-4 kill. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Hey CAT !!! What's REALLY funny is that the rest of these fools are missin' a real, live, Motha' lovin', guns & knives virtual DOGFIGHT!!!! :D:D:D:D

I guess we stayed up past their bedtime. :sleep_125

I LOVE IT !!! :D