• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Threshold...Old Skool Blue Angels...

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Col Kurtz from the movie Apocalypse Now...played by this guy...(hopefully you'll recognize what movie THIS pic is from)

Don-Corleone.jpg

ACowboyinTexas

Armed and Dangerous
pilot
Contributor
OK, one quick reference back to the OP and then back to the Cat fight. I know for a certainty - due to leave periods/underway days/logistics/timing/health/wife headache issues - that little Cowboy was conceived while this video was on in the background. It was while I was with the Sunday Punchers and Read and I had taken a ski trip where they had that "Threshold" video in the "borrow box" at the lodge. I guess the little woman got carried away thinking I could have been like the cool guys in the tight yellow bags. Little did she know...OK, back to your regularly scheduled fighting.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Except for this one airshow in Topeka, KS in 1970 or 1971 when Harley Hall was Blue #1 and his and the #4 birds had backseaters (my brother and I). Thrill of a lifetime for a 10 year old but all I remember was him telling me to keep my head down while we were on the ground (so no one would see me), "don't touch anything", the sky spinning and puking my guts out....it was obviously a different era in Naval Aviation back then....

I told Trader John the story one night in Pensacola after I was out of AOCS and waiting for VT-10. He said he'd heard of Harley doing this for his relatives a few times and then he took me down the bar and introduced me to the current Blues CO. I ended up getting a few TA-4 rides around Pensacola that fall.

That's unreal HAL....I can't imagine being 10 years old and having that experience under your belt. I forgot that Boss Harley Hall was your Uncle(I think) as well....

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
That's unreal HAL....I can't imagine being 10 years old and having that experience under your belt. I forgot that Boss Harley Hall was your Uncle(I think) as well....
Like I said, it was a very different era. You'd get a courts-martial for even momentarily thinking of pulling a stunt like that today.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
what a sweet time it must have been.

i always think of that safety graph they show, with the diminishing Class A's over the history of naval aviation, as the inverse of the fun graph.

i guess we gotta get a little more creative with our fun now.

In Pursuit

pilot
Don-Corleone.jpg
[/quote]

Don Corleone, a frickin' cat lover?! Who woulda thunk it? (although from the looks of it, maybe it's a dead cat)